Pass Sanitaire lifted?

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Liz
Articles: 0

Re: Pass Sanitaire lifted?

#11 Post by Liz »

Just been on hols with some UK and French friends, up the far end of the Lot departement on the banks of the Dordogne.
Pass sanitaire required on the campsite, even for daytime visitors, and in all bars and restaurants, but all checked efficiently and with a smile. When I rang to book a couple of restaurants I was asked if we all had passes.
Some outside events such as brocantes asked for it, others didn't.
We warned our UK friends in advance about the need to carry a mask everywhere to go into shops etc and they were quite happy with that. And pleased to be able to book a pre-return covid test easily in the local pharmacy.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Doug

#12 Post by Doug »

This Saturday, our association here is holding our repas des voisins after two years without. All together now. Shame.
Much demand, we are respecting all regulations, and passes are manditary.

Blaze

#13 Post by Blaze »

@Liz We've just been camping too, up the Cherbourg peninsula but the camping municipal didn't require a pass sanitaire and we only needed to wear masks in the office.
The salles for our musical practices are open, pass sanitaire required but no masks. None of the groups I play with are large so apart from ensuring we disinfect chairs and tables, no problem.
We carry paper copies our pass sanitaires everywhere in case they are asked for. We needed them for a couple of outdoor concerts locally, which wasn't a problem.

Liz

#14 Post by Liz »

Blaze, I read in the local paper that Camping Municipals had all had a good season and some managers were putting it down to the fact that they did not have to ask for a pass sanitaire.
I couldn't see the logic in that, other than most here are small and do not offer pools or other grouped gathering places (excpet the saniatires!)

Blaze

#15 Post by Blaze »

@Liz We always use municipals but never go away in mid July/August so they are always quiet, no pools etc. We've never been been asked for a pass sanitaire or had to wear masks but it may be down to individual campsites. There's one municipal that's vast, at Cap Fréhél, supposedly the biggest in France. It's dunes, pine trees, extremely spacious though I believe it's packed in August and has animations. If pass sanitaires had been required, a lot of people would not have been able to go away. Perhaps Maires are freer than private campsites ...

Liz

#16 Post by Liz »

I agree Blaze some Municipals are excellent but others are the pits, bascially spare land behind the sports stadium of the dump!
We never go in peak season.
We used the 3* site "Les Granges" at Vayrac last week rather than the Municpal one up the road as the view from our pitch on the banks of the Dorodgne is worth every penny of the price difference.
Would use the Municpal next May if Les Granges doesn't open for 1st May, we want to go to a classic car 'do' that weekend.

Blaze

#17 Post by Blaze »

@Liz There are some stunning ones in Brittany, right on the coast (we haven't tried inland ones yet but may do so next year). We tend to go for municipals because they are simpler, no animations, mobile homes or swimming pools and so far we've never hit a bad one. Some of the sanitaires could do with updating, but those that have done so are superb. Penmarch, at the bottom of Finistère is brilliant. The sanitaires in Surtainville (Cotentin) were so clean and bright that I was really astonished when the cleaning girl said they'd been done in 2012. All down to spray bleach and vinegar she told me ;)
We always look for sites that have good dog walking beside them - a google maps check is ideal.