Fuel prices (petrol & diesel)

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
L Austin France

#71 Post by L Austin France »

Wilbro wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:45 pm Got an oil delivery today and it worked out at 1.64 euros a litre. Better than expected as I thought it would be closer to 1.8. I was complaining when it was around 0.9 euros a litre not that long ago.
Blimey! If my rule of thumb calcs are correct, at 75% boiler efficiency & 10kWh/litre of oil, that's dearer than electricity.

Char
Site Admin

#72 Post by Char »

Diesel €1.91 here today - a bit better.

Liz

#73 Post by Liz »

Went out yesterday afternoon and put petrol in the van. Ouch.
To soften the blow and cheer myself up I then went to Lidl to get some Hortus gin, then on to our usual vineyard for 10l of Cahors
Back home my visa card went to have a lie down in a darkened room.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Wilbro

#74 Post by Wilbro »

@L Austin France
Yes true, I'm seriously considering electric radiators for next winter and upgrading the wood burning insert. The latter takes over from the CH once lit, usually just evenings, but with an upgrade and using more during the day with the price of wood at around 200 euros a corde (4 cu metres) it may be the way to go.

L Austin France

#75 Post by L Austin France »

Wilbro wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:05 am @L Austin France
Yes true, I'm seriously considering electric radiators for next winter and upgrading the wood burning insert. The latter takes over from the CH once lit, usually just evenings, but with an upgrade and using more during the day with the price of wood at around 200 euros a corde (4 cu metres) it may be the way to go.
The Mitsubishi air/air PAC I had installed in our single storey, hugely glazed, kitchen/dayroom a few years ago is performing very well. 4 kw output when heating, running about 10 hours a day set at 21 deg seems to cost about 25-30€/month (about 10 centimes/hour) according to the info. EDF/ Linky provides ie. average winter month less average summer month.
Fully automatic with summer air con. a real bonus when needed. I'm seriously considering a couple more units when the panic for goverment sponsored 'freebees' dies down & the installers will be more inclined to give folk like me, who can't get any grants, sensible prices.

Wilbro

#76 Post by Wilbro »

An expensive choice for us. Large downstairs living area, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, downstairs toilet, office and buanderie plus stone walls up to 1m thick. Not for us and no grants either.

L Austin France

#77 Post by L Austin France »

Wilbro wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:52 pm An expensive choice for us. Large downstairs living area, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, downstairs toilet, office and buanderie plus stone walls up to 1m thick. Not for us and no grants either.
I mentioned my electric PAC as you were talking about electric radiators.
A PAC in your large downstairs living area plus kitchen maybe with electric rads/fan heaters etc in other rooms? Obviously more expensive to install than 'leccy rads but long term where energy costs are not going to reduce may not be so expensive. Certainly easier on the back than wood burners.
We have PAC in the kitchen plus a woodie which rarely gets used & 'leccy rads in lounge & bedrooms which hardly ever get used. The 50m2 lounge has a largish woodie which also heats the first floor bedrooms with the rising heat. We prefer the ambiance of this woodie which gets lit about 1700hrs when we move from kitchen to lounge for the evening.
I cut all of our wood from our own trees but am not getting any younger hence my thoughts on more PAC's.
En suite bathrooms have 'leccy fan heaters for intermittant use.
We use about 130 m2 of 'warm' space in our old stone built house plus an unheated attic fitted out for summer family guests/music room with ensuite etc.
Hot water etc is by electricity & it looks like the bill for 2021/2 will be about 1,000€

Spardo

#78 Post by Spardo »

I saw diesel at Carrefour Brantome at €2.28 today but waited till we got to Perigueux to fill up at Leclerc's at €1.89. :D

niemeyjt

#79 Post by niemeyjt »

€1.99 at Reims LeClerc yesterday - and CHF2.30 (so €2.21) at my normal place in Lausanne.

suein56

#80 Post by suein56 »

OH filled up with E10 SP95 today at 2.059€ /litre to take our son to the Airport on Sunday. Exactly 10 days ago, in the same petrol station, he bought petrol to collect our son from the Airport at 1.86€ .. quite a hike in price in 10 days.