Macron -v- Le Pen (or is it La Plume?)

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Bayleaf

#1 Post by Bayleaf »

"Four days before the election, Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen must participate in the TF1 8 p.m. program, “10 minutes to convince”. They will be asked in turn about the first hundred days of their presidency, if they are elected on April 24, and their first decisions or symbolic gestures as head of state.

https://www.sudouest.fr/elections/presi ... 477168.php

I can't help worrying how things may change for us "furriners" in France if Le Pen won ..... :?

Liz

#2 Post by Liz »

Just hope Zemmour doesn't get a look in, he's worse than le Pen!

Fixit and I received our standard A4 info envelopes yesterday, with a sheet of bumph from every candidate all of which have gone in the recycling bin.
The envelopes also contain a voting bulletin for each candidate, for anyone who doesn't want to be seen picking one up at the polling station. Very useful - the flip side is blank, and they are just the right size for shopping lists.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Sparkle

#3 Post by Sparkle »

I read that Mme Le Pen loves cats - so she'll do for me 😻

Edit: thought I'd better say that my comment was meant as a joke. I can't vote anyway :roll:
Last edited by Sparkle on Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

MAD87

#4 Post by MAD87 »

Sparkle wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:45 pm I read that Mme Le Pen loves cats - so she'll do for me 😻
She's also a racist financed by Putin.

Blaze

#5 Post by Blaze »

If it's as chaotic as the Pecresse-Zemmour debate, it will be hilarious !

p4psb

#6 Post by p4psb »

I wonder how anyone can vote for supporters of Putin, some of who have come out in the past in support of him, as well as getting donations from him for their campaign (Marine in 2017).

Putin also has his eyes on the rest of Europe too: https://www.infobae.com/en/2022/04/05/f ... adivostok/.

Don't forget Putin also helped fund some Leave campaigns during the Brexit referendum.

He seems such a nice guy.

MAD87

#7 Post by MAD87 »

p4psb wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:40 pm I wonder how anyone can vote for supporters of Putin, some of who have come out in the past in support of him, as well as getting donations from him for their campaign (Marine in 2017).
Wasn't it a loan, and isn't she still in hock to that Nice Man In The Kremlin?
I remember what her daddy's party did in Orange and other southern towns in the 90s (Toulon?)- removing books by foreign authors from public libraries and burning them. Not to mention being Holocaust deniers.

Bayleaf

#8 Post by Bayleaf »

Drat! Missed it after all that! :roll:

Liz

#9 Post by Liz »

Bayleaf wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:30 pm Drat! Missed it after all that! :roll:
Try Youtube later, or tomorrow...
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Wilbro

#10 Post by Wilbro »

@p4psb
That article seems to echo Hitler's ideas. The only reason Russia didn't attack France and other Western European countries at the end of WW2 was because the fact that the US had the atomic bomb dissuaded Stalin. Initially he understood from discussions with Truman and Eisenhower that the US was going to pull it's troops out of Europe as quickly as possible at the war's end. The US's culpability in allowing Stalin the latitude to stay in areas previously agreed would either come under shared responsibility of the Allies or be allowed to carry out freely democratic elections to choose their own governments once the war was over was the forerunner of a lot of the problems since. Poland was the prime example of this. His ongoing expanionist ideas were only thwarted by fear of the bomb and he backed off.
We now have, with Putin, an amalgamation of the characters of Hitler and Stalin.