Je suis un pompier

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
L Austin France

Je suis un pompier

#1 Post by L Austin France »

Not long home from the resto last evening when the doorbell rung & a neighbour drew our attention to a raging fire about 1.5m from our longere.
Turns out the son of a neighbour was riding his motor scooter home when it conked out followed by catching fire. He abandoned the thing alongside our old longere & phoned the pompiers & his brother.
When I went to look they were watching the fire whilst awaiting the pompiers.
Fearing that the longere roof might catch fire I grabbed a dry powder extinguisher & put most of the fire out. Four watering cans of water later I'd cooled the thing down & waited with the lads for the pompiers who arrived 20 minutes later.
Seeing that I'd put the fire out & not wishing to be outdone, out came their fire hose where they procceeded to hose down the remains of bike & burnt tarmac.
After a survey of the longere with a thermal camera all was declared safe & 3 firemen carried the remains to the lads house.
Hell of a way to finish off a pleasant Saturday evening & just managed to catch the last of the show for Maj. on tele.
Photo below. Dunno what happened there.
Last edited by L Austin France on Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

L Austin France

Je suis un pompier

#2 Post by L Austin France »

IMG_20220604_215210_compress10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

niemeyjt

Je suis un pompier

#3 Post by niemeyjt »

I always carry a dry powder extinguisher in the car - only used it once - to put out a Transit dashboard fire - which it did admirably. And I had a mix of water and powder in my last workshop. You cannot have too many!