Karaoke

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Sparkle

Karaoke

#11 Post by Sparkle »

We went to a village fete at the end of June. The organisers brought in a British band (unknown band to anyone) that played British songs in front of the tables where we were all sat eating and trying to have a conversation at one point I was asked by the Frenchy beside me if we knew the songs - 'no'. The band was so loud (and I'm a bit mutt & jeff) I couldn't hear what the person opposite was saying and the singer of the band who was a lady was awful just awful caterwauling 🙀 🙀 🙀 🙀
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Blaze

Karaoke

#12 Post by Blaze »

Hotrodder wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:28 am The farmers have to cope with very iffy weather around here and do sometimes work through the night. I'm OK with that and applaud their hard working ethic.
:lol: Hard working ethic ?? That doesn't include the cereal farmers round here. They combine at midnight here because they can't get use of the combine earlier in the day (or perhaps the night slot is cheaper ...). They rip out hedges and trees to avoid the need to maintain them - they are responsible for maintaining the hedges and trees on their land, including along the roads. The consequences of destroying natural habitats for wildlife, filling in ditches and the extensive use of pesticides, nitrates and weedkillers is being felt already.
@Hotrodder Your department is suffering a problem with green algae which is forcing the closure of beaches and it is believed that nitrates used by some farmers are contributing to this.

Apologies for the thread drift ....
Last edited by Blaze on Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

rabbit

Karaoke

#13 Post by rabbit »

A town I lived near in Charente used to play muzak over the town's PA system. In July you would often here Jingle Bells