What was it - Air Force ???

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
DominicBest

#11 Post by DominicBest »

Fast jets turn over my house regularly. It always amazes that the dogs from the stables next door don’t even lift an eyelid at their passing but will jump into life as soon as an unknown car turns the corner 300m away.

Lori

#12 Post by Lori »

DominicBest wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:38 am Fast jets turn over my house regularly. It always amazes that the dogs from the stables next door don’t even lift an eyelid at their passing but will jump into life as soon as an unknown car turns the corner 300m away.
That's funny ! The dog next door made not a sound yesterday, nor did the donkeys but they are a bit further on the 'other' side of our house. The house on the jet path side next to us is a maison secondaire and they aren't there right now.

I figure it is probably a regular occurrence around here and no one really bats an eye. Except me..

exile

#13 Post by exile »

Of course it is not just in France. A supervisor of mine lived on the North Yorks. Moors and was on his roof repointing a chimney when he had a Lori moment which almost caused him to fall off the roof. He rushed down to the telephone to ring RAF Leeming -where the planes had most probably come from. They denied all knowledge. To which his reply was, well ring round the other airfields and advise that if it happens again there will be cement on the underside of the wings.

suein56

#14 Post by suein56 »

Many years ago the RAF in Lincolnshire used to use our large, very red roof for target practice .. when I rang to discuss the situation I was told that they would rein back now they knew the house was occupied - it had been empty for 6 months - but that it was a shame as it was such a super target for low-flying practice.
Scared the hell out of me when I had been pegging the washing out in the garden.

Wilbro

#15 Post by Wilbro »

Ours is rural area with lots of cows which just continue grazing whether it's a sonic boom or low flyover.

DominicBest

#16 Post by DominicBest »

https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/carte

This is the geoportail map showing the no-fly areas and restricted areas for drone users in France. There’s a lot of potentially busy airspace up there. It doesn’t show the low flying exercise areas talked about in this thread.

I hope that the link takes you to the right map. If not I will find a better link.

DominicBest

#17 Post by DominicBest »

07470663-254A-45B7-A06B-5361B3827FD2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lori

#18 Post by Lori »

DominicBest wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:24 pm https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/carte

This is the geoportail map showing the no-fly areas and restricted areas for drone users in France. There’s a lot of potentially busy airspace up there. It doesn’t show the low flying exercise areas talked about in this thread.

I hope that the link takes you to the right map. If not I will find a better link.
Love that site !

beejay

#19 Post by beejay »

Install https://globe.adsbexchange.com/ and you will be able to identify any plane and track it.

Last week, three C130 Hercules, in formation, passed over my house at 250ft height and 255mph, almost silently.

I do live on a low flying corridor so often see unusual aircraft.

Lori

#20 Post by Lori »

Good grief ! That would have given me a real scare.

Thanks for the app suggestion.