Ado shot for refusing to stop for traffice police

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
niemeyjt

#61 Post by niemeyjt »

ajm wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:52 pmThey are obviously going to need help somehow but has the same thing happened for the lad's family?
Yes - the lad's pot stands at €200K and the policier's stands at €1m

source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... te-groups/

curtis

#62 Post by curtis »

Ah yes, just seen that on FR2, they didn't mention the kid's pot though.

tagh

#63 Post by tagh »

It seems the extreme Right are behind the policeman’s fundraise!

exile

#64 Post by exile »

MAD87 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:23 pm @exile Which just supports my argument. Those who want to break out of the ghetto and succeed will do so. There are plenty in every European country from immigrant families (including my own) who were reviled for their backgrounds and nonetheless fought against it. The one in France who always comes to mind (for me at leat) is Rachida Dati, one of 11 children of working-class immigrants from a Parisian cité. At least one of her brother served time in jail. She was forced into an arranged marriage, but later became an avocat then Justice minister. Pas mal. Not a particularly nice woman by all accounts, but a fighter.

I told my children (who all went to state schools both here and in the UK) that they could be anything they wanted to be. I think parents should be more positive when talking to their children, and I know from listening to other parents (de souche) over the years that they're not.
I fully accept that some can do well despite starting out in life in these urban suburbs. However, do you honestly believe that the majority get the same life chances as those living elsewhere?

MAD87

#65 Post by MAD87 »

exile wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:51 pm
I fully accept that some can do well despite starting out in life in these urban suburbs. However, do you honestly believe that the majority get the same life chances as those living elsewhere?
If they know the difference between right and wrong, yes! And I would suggest that most children know the difference instinctively.
I'm not sure what a "life chance" is, exile. What I do know is that 'anonymous' CVs were introduced some years ago - I think under the reviled Sarkozy - so that addresses and photos could be omitted, giving black, brown and pink immigrants a better stab at the education and employment markets.
I noticed last night that an 'insertion' workshop especially for those trying to get into the jobs market was destroyed by yobs. Helpful, eh?