ETIAS or a Schengen Visa from 2024

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
DominicBest

#41 Post by DominicBest »

I think that the reporters presumed reclaimed meant reclaiming from the sea but it turned out that they were going to reclaim some land they owned on the western docks.

elsie

#42 Post by elsie »

I've now seen mention of the plan to reclaim land in the Western Dock to be used for EES vehicles but no mention of how that would work unless it is just a holding space? Is there a separate/dedicated road between the Western and Eastern docks?

exile

#43 Post by exile »

No dedicated road. The Esplanade and Marine Parade have housing and businesses on them and putting in a secure road between them and the shore would isolate the beach which was used for storing and launching dinghy's - I learnt to sail there.

DominicBest

#44 Post by DominicBest »

elsie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:34 pm I've now seen mention of the plan to reclaim land in the Western Dock to be used for EES vehicles but no mention of how that would work unless it is just a holding space? Is there a separate/dedicated road between the Western and Eastern docks?
I think they just want more space to hold the traffic jam. 500 cars parked at the Western Docks is 500 fewer cars parked on the M20.