Yuletide greetings

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Hotrodder

Yuletide greetings

#31 Post by Hotrodder »

And to your good self. You could have saved money and had that sort of weather by visiting Brittany instead. :lol:

I've been to a fair few concerts in my time, and spent my first years out of high school on stage in front of some powerful speaker stacks but I have never felt particularly intimidated by music being too loud until I made the mistake of going to hear Robert Plant and Jimmy Page at a small venue in Bournemouth in the 90s. Diabolical music played loud enough to fill Wembly. I left after about 30 minutes, along with dozens of others. :roll:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

hughnique

Yuletide greetings

#32 Post by hughnique »

I had an experience with Tangerine Dream at Catford Palais, 20 minutes through, this is not what I came to hear, walked out after arguing with the management as to what a load of pony it was, refund in hand, and I wasn't the only one.

Hotrodder

Yuletide greetings

#33 Post by Hotrodder »

They were certainly loud. I saw them at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon. I actually had the thought that the vibrations could have possibly brought the roof down. Might have been the weed though. :roll:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Quiksilver

Yuletide greetings

#34 Post by Quiksilver »

My deafening experience was Atomic Rooster in an 'attic' in 1979 :lol: They'd been booked to play a local pub who put on groups upstairs in a big, stone barn. I've been to a fair few festivals and concerts, but never had to give up and leave until that gig......

Bayleaf

Yuletide greetings

#35 Post by Bayleaf »

My loudest, ear splitting, concert (and I'm so proud to be able to say I've been to a fair few, so my life hasn't been completely wasted :lol: ), was Manic Street Preachers at the Lemon Grove at Exeter University. I think we did leave early, as I was afraid my ears were going to start bleeding! :lol: :shock:

RobertArthur

Yuletide greetings

#36 Post by RobertArthur »

glazedallover

Yuletide greetings

#37 Post by glazedallover »

Gor blimey, you lot do like some poncey bands....I went to see Slade at the London Palladium in 1973 and Noddy Holder was louder than the lot of 'em put together on his own. ;)

Quiksilver

Yuletide greetings

#38 Post by Quiksilver »

Ahhh the 70s :D Girlies tended to adore either David Cassidy or Donny Osmond. My parents were somewhat concerned that my bedroom walls were covered in posters of Alice Cooper :lol:

glazedallover

Yuletide greetings

#39 Post by glazedallover »

Quiksilver wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:14 pm Ahhh the 70s :D Girlies tended to adore either David Cassidy or Donny Osmond. My parents were somewhat concerned that my bedroom walls were covered in posters of Alice Cooper :lol:
:angel: :D

glazedallover

Yuletide greetings

#40 Post by glazedallover »

Quiksilver wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:14 pm Ahhh the 70s :D Girlies tended to adore either David Cassidy or Donny Osmond. My parents were somewhat concerned that my bedroom walls were covered in posters of Alice Cooper :lol:
Aaah, the Partridge family..... :)