Weather ... again

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Blaze

Weather ... again

#131 Post by Blaze »

DominicBest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:44 pm Another huge problem with Cydalima perspectalisis is that eggs laid in the box in the autumn survive the winter and hatch in the spring. Th damage done by by them over recent year has been huge.
I've just read that so perhaps a good spray in the late autumn isn't a bad idea, presuming it can permeate the cocoons. The giveaway was the rather dead looking leaves and when I looked closely, there were the caterpillars.
I've just bought the BT but will have to wait until the wind drops ....

DominicBest

Weather ... again

#132 Post by DominicBest »

It’s a four season day here. It was bright and sunny this morning but started raining when I was outside talking to someone. After lunch the sun had returned so I went outside and washed the shutters and door that need treating tomorrow. It was hot work in the strong sunshine. It looked warm and dry so I considered doing a bit of lawn mowing but got sidetracked onto something else. Next thing the sky had turned black so I went inside just in time to avoid the strong winds and hail. It looks nice outside now I might risk venturing out again.

Lori

Weather ... again

#133 Post by Lori »

DominicBest wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:31 pm It’s a four season day here. It was bright and sunny this morning but started raining when I was outside talking to someone. After lunch the sun had returned so I went outside and washed the shutters and door that need treating tomorrow. It was hot work in the strong sunshine. It looked warm and dry so I considered doing a bit of lawn mowing but got sidetracked onto something else. Next thing the sky had turned black so I went inside just in time to avoid the strong winds and hail. It looks nice outside now I might risk venturing out again.
You've described our entire day exactly. Sun is out now. Chilly though. Luckily, less hail today than yesterday.

demi

Weather ... again

#134 Post by demi »

Four season days here too.

Everything is so beautiful when the sun comes out after the rain - such clear skies, it looks like the whole landscape has been washed.

And we have had amazing rainbows - I don't think I have ever seen so many enormous & vibrant ones as in the past few days.

Bayleaf

Weather ... again

#135 Post by Bayleaf »

Ditto! I guess it's officially called April showers now! :crazy:

Polly

Weather ... again

#136 Post by Polly »

It’s been a beautifully sunny day here in the Gard, but with strong winds and dreadful pollen flying at what seemed whichever way you turned - I wore a mask whenever I was outdoors.

I had breakfast on our very sheltered balcony, then sat out again later watching the beautiful peachy-coloured sunset.

Char
Site Admin

Weather ... again

#137 Post by Char »

Shush I won't say this out loud, but we haven't had any rain so far today. :shh:

exile

Weather ... again

#138 Post by exile »

Warming up and sunny much of the day - spring is arriving (I hope)

glazedallover

Weather ... again

#139 Post by glazedallover »

IMG_0649.jpeg
Glorious sunshine today 21C so just stopped to admire the view on our walk.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bayleaf

Weather ... again

#140 Post by Bayleaf »

Temperature plummeting to 0°C tonight/tomorrow morning. There goes all prospects of the beautiful apple blossoms turning into fruit! :roll: