How much pension is reasonable?

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
tagh

#1 Post by tagh »

This spoilt brat seems to think that €9000 a month is not enough! Well, how much is enough?

https://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-franc ... e-20240308

exile

#2 Post by exile »

How long is a piece of string?

There are some here that have pensions that I could not possibly survive on but they, in the main, seem happy enough - bearing in mind that most of us could always use more.

Doug

#3 Post by Doug »

As stated on here before our joint uk pensions are eq to smic for one here in France and we live very well on it, and Ive been retired ha,ha. for 20 years.
It's small because we both didn't pay the top up 36 years ago when we came over.
Yes we both have large investments as a result of working hard all our lives, keeping it for when we are old :D and need help.

MAD87

#4 Post by MAD87 »

J-M Sylvestre was an excellent journalist who, inter alia, appeared as a consultant on TV and therefore made a few shekels in his lifetime. I don't begrudge his earnings from work, but to complain about a pension of that size is sick.
The pension problem in France won't be resolved until all the privileged (state employees, députés and senateurs, ballet dancers, singers, writers and others in the arts) pay the same contributions to get the same pension benefit. So says I, recipient of €300 / month for 25+ years self employment in France.