*-$$3" Flies

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
L Austin France

*-$$3" Flies

#1 Post by L Austin France »

Great weather today at last so had the kitchen door open whilst I worked on the terrace.
Came in to find Jess the mutt going tits chasing flies .
Can't have everything I s'pose :)

Lori

*-$$3" Flies

#2 Post by Lori »

:D :crazy:

Hotrodder

*-$$3" Flies

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

We have hunted out our long redundant fly swatters and I'm hoping to find a few of those disgusting sticky strips to hang up.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

exile

*-$$3" Flies

#4 Post by exile »

We tend to get inundated with flies as the temperatures rise.

Nothing however like friends also living at the outskirts of the village. For them the house was a holiday home that they used all summer until Brexit rather spoiled that.

Anyway, each spring we would open the house for them putting on the leccy and water before the woman who does arrived to clean things out. Each time we would find hundreds if not thousands of dead flies on the floors of the ground floor. ( no exaggeration of the numbers by the way, in places the floor was literally black.)

They decided to sell up and we were asked to let an estate agent have access to establish a value. We opened up and to get a bit of light and air through opened the windows and shutters on the ground floor. The agent arrived some 20 minutes later; by which time it was like a swarm of bees writhing around on the floor. Thousands and thousands of flies. The agent was nonplussed having seen it before she said, but really horrible. Fly swatter? You could have used a coal shovel and killed tens at each swipe.

Lori

*-$$3" Flies

#5 Post by Lori »

That is just gross Exile ! They must have a serious infestation problem.

Blaze

*-$$3" Flies

#6 Post by Blaze »

No problems here but I was surprised to see this yesterday - a shit fly (I've never known it by another name but I gather it's called Scathophaga). It was in the garden, not in the house !!
IMGP1219.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lori

*-$$3" Flies

#7 Post by Lori »

A face only a mother could love... ;)