Weather

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
manonthemoon2

Weather

#801 Post by manonthemoon2 »

The smell and misty smoke has returned here for us. I'm praying the storm will arrive and help put the fires out

MAD87

Weather

#802 Post by MAD87 »

Our storm started around 11 last night and stopped before 6 this morning. Lots and lots of luvverly rain all night, which I hope fell in Gironde before getting here.

Bayleaf

Weather

#803 Post by Bayleaf »

Ditto here (same storm probably!). No real hail to speak of, thankfully, and no high winds. Forecast to storm again later this morning, and rain most of the day. So, on home duties again! At least it's sooooo much cooler. Bliss!

And yes, hoping some of that rain helped put out some fires ......

Veem

Weather

#804 Post by Veem »

The storm arrived here around 1.30am and had ended by about 4am. There was much thunder, lightning and rain, but I don't think any hail this time. It tripped the electricity but without lasting problems. The house feels pleasantly cool inside this morning.

Pathca

Weather

#805 Post by Pathca »

Here in Allier it was later when we got the storm about 0430 but it feels very pleasant now

Spectrum

Weather

#806 Post by Spectrum »

Seemed to have had the storm most of the night, but it was a little to the East of us, we had 2mm of rain :? would have liked more, but nice temps this morning, get the mowing finished :clap: Hope the Gironde got my bit of rain, they need it more.

Sparkle

Weather

#807 Post by Sparkle »

No storm for us but this morning................It's raining.....whoopeeeeee...... :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Blaze

Weather

#808 Post by Blaze »

We sat outside until midnight last night although by the end it was nearly 'cardigan' time. No storm or rain here but beautifully cool this morning and a light breeze (much more normal for this area).

Lori

Weather

#809 Post by Lori »

No storm, no rain (and none in the 15 day forecast), just blazing sunshine.

House stayed at 30 degrees yesterday. Again, bedroom never dropped below 28.

If this is the new 'norm' weather wise, I think we will have to consider purchasing somewhere else.

exile

Weather

#810 Post by exile »

Pretty much the same here Lori, although our temperatures were just a bit lower.

Garden is parched and pot plants are converting to kindling.