Weather

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
exile

Weather

#821 Post by exile »

Well even the Norwegian weather forecast is saying we should have 4 days of rain, although they start on Monday and not Saturday as meteo.fr does.

Lori

Weather

#822 Post by Lori »

Meteo France shows rain beginning here on Saturday and going through Wednesday. This far out it almost never happens. Of course, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it actually does..

ajm

Weather

#823 Post by ajm »

We had 53mm in June. 20th july 3mm and 2mm on the 22nd. Nowt since. Fingers crossed for the weekend.

MAD87

Weather

#824 Post by MAD87 »

Orange heatwave alert today for 19 départements:
Avec l'ajout de la Haute-Vienne à 16h, ce sont à présent 19 départements qui sont placés par Météo-France en vigilance orange canicule ce jeudi 11 août. Sont concernés par cette alerte : Charente, Charente-Maritime, Dordogne, Finistère, Haute-Garonne, Haute-Vienne, Gers, Gironde, Landes, Loire-Atlantique, Morbihan, Lot, Lot-et-Garonne, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, Hautes-Pyrénées, Deux-Sèvres, Tarn, Tarn-et-Garonne et Vendée.

Polly

Weather

#825 Post by Polly »

Amber weather warning for a large portion of the UK, 32C here in Berkshire with barely a breath of a breeze. Our son and family chose the right time to visit the LakeDistrict this week, ‘only’ 27C where they are.

Blaze

Weather

#826 Post by Blaze »

Mid 30s here but fortunately the sea breeze brings us relief in the afternoons.
Yesterday we had lunch with friends in the village and the heat was unbearable on their terrace under a sun shade because there was no current of air.

Spectrum

Weather

#827 Post by Spectrum »

37.5 yesterday 1800hrs, sat outside later with a few cold ones, cooler and rain forecast from Sunday.

Lori

Weather

#828 Post by Lori »

As usual, the Saturday arrival of rain was cancelled. Moved to Sunday. As of this morning that was also changed to have 'rare averses' on Sunday afternoon (these rarely transpire). Monday now says partly sunny/partly cloudy.

The chance of rain / storms was moved to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with a chance of rain on Friday and Saturday. Forecasts this far out almost always change and the rain disappears. :cry:

exile

Weather

#829 Post by exile »

Know how you feel @Lori but I feel comfortable that here at least we will have rain - probably heavy - on Sunday morning.

How can I be so sure? Apart from meteo.fr and yr.no both agreeing, Sunday is the first Brocant here in 4 years. That has to guarantee a wash out.

Bayleaf

Weather

#830 Post by Bayleaf »

Same as Lori, our meteo is now reducing the promise of rain. Tomorrow night, storms due and strong winds, and no real rain until Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully it'll at least mean a big temperature drop, so I can actually go out and get back to work. :?