Bloomin' boaring

L Austin France

Bloomin' boaring

#1 Post by L Austin France »

Switched on the tele. expecting to find BBC 2 News & got rowing from the European Championships.
Having watched a few races I find it's got to be well up there in the 'most boring spectator sports' league table.
The most exciting bit is hoping the tow path cyclists following the parade of rowers might just crash into each other & fall in the water. :)

rsm

Bloomin' boaring

#2 Post by rsm »

Next to horse racing ,equestrian, darts, rugby to name but a few

hughnique

Bloomin' boaring

#3 Post by hughnique »

They seem, the BBC especially, to be engulfed in sports coverage at the moment, you have to keep switching channels in order to find what you want.

Bayleaf

Bloomin' boaring

#4 Post by Bayleaf »

I thought the title implied they'd seen some wild boar wearing flowers! :lol:

Sports in general - each to their own I'd say. You only watch what you're interested in, surely Shirley?! No-one HAS to watch sport if they don't want to ...... ;) There are so many channels available - loads of choice. Although, during this hot spell, I've found I'm finally getting to read more books (that some kind member of this forum gave me literally a car load of several years ago! :) ).

L Austin France

Bloomin' boaring

#5 Post by L Austin France »

Bayleaf wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:41 am No-one HAS to watch sport if they don't want to ...... ;) There are so many channels available - loads of choice.
That's why I'm now watching Sky News. :)
Fair play to you though. That statement has to be well up there in the 'most bleedin' obvious' league table ;)

Bayleaf

Bloomin' boaring

#6 Post by Bayleaf »

8-)

exile

Bloomin' boaring

#7 Post by exile »

Bayleaf wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:41 am I thought the title implied they'd seen some wild boar wearing flowers! :lol:

Sports in general - each to their own I'd say. You only watch what you're interested in, surely Shirley?! No-one HAS to watch sport if they don't want to ...... ;) There are so many channels available - loads of choice. Although, during this hot spell, I've found I'm finally getting to read more books (that some kind member of this forum gave me literally a car load of several years ago! :) ).
So many channels available and yet they all seem at times to tend towards sport.

There was one stage a couple of weeks ago (pre-Commonwealth games) where both BBC1 and 2 had different sports on; ITV had horse racing; C4 also had some sport or something and ITV4 had cycling (so it was probably TdF which is OK for me).

MAD87

Bloomin' boaring

#8 Post by MAD87 »

Well, it's summer after all, so what do you expect? I don't practise any sports now but spent my weekends playing tennis in my youf, and spectating may other sports (tennis, soccer, rugby, horse racing) even cricket, which I class as the most boring spectator sport ever. I fell asleep at a test match once...
Books float my boat too these days. I hardly watch any TV, even sport (sauf 6 nations) as I prefer the live version.

L Austin France

Bloomin' boaring

#9 Post by L Austin France »

MAD87 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:50 pm even cricket, which I class as the most boring spectator sport ever. I fell asleep at a test match once...
I'm loving the T20 & 100's televised competitions which bring a new dimension to the game.
Short & punchy 2.5 hour games with different rules & a bit of razzmatazz played by guys & galls.

L Austin France

Bloomin' boaring

#10 Post by L Austin France »

Watching the European Championships I've now added womens' climbing to my list of very watchable sports. WOW!!!! :lol:
On BBC RB1 now .