British Grand Prix F1

Spardo

Re: British Grand Prix F1

#11 Post by Spardo »

Char wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Anyhow, I didn't watch to the end of the race.
I haven't got that far for years, just reduced to watching to the first corner for the excitement there, but have even given up on that this year. I believe there was a small contretemps this time? :roll:

Char
Site Admin

#12 Post by Char »

Yes - luckily no-one was hurt though.

Char
Site Admin

#13 Post by Char »

I probably should've started a new thread for the Hungarian GP but never mind.

Well what an interesting and bizarre race that was. I've never seen only one car on the starting grid before. :shock: I bet he's glad he didn't stall the car. :lol:

I'm glad Ocon won, he needed the boost in confidence and he's such a sweet youngster. I'm gutted for Vettal for possibly losing his second place because there wasn't enough fuel left in the car.

It was a real pleasure seeing Alonso keeping Hamilton behind him for all those laps, t'was just like watching a real car race for once. :lol:

DominicBest

#14 Post by DominicBest »

I used to do a lot of karting and the Hungarian GP reminded me of that because sometimes after qualifying a coin was tossed to see if the race started with a conventional grid or a reverse grid. Having the reverse grid starts always made things interesting with the faster drivers having to make their way through the rest. The last time I raced like that was in an indoor track near Roermond in Holland. At the time a young lad called Max was a well known regular there and we often visited his father, Joss’, kart shop nearby.

DominicBest

#15 Post by DominicBest »

For those who don’t know F1 posts à highlights video on YouTube shortly after a Grand Prix has finished.
https://youtube.com/c/F1

Char
Site Admin

#16 Post by Char »

DominicBest wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:02 pm I used to do a lot of karting and the Hungarian GP reminded me of that because sometimes after qualifying a coin was tossed to see if the race started with a conventional grid or a reverse grid. Having the reverse grid starts always made things interesting with the faster drivers having to make their way through the rest. The last time I raced like that was in an indoor track near Roermond in Holland. At the time a young lad called Max was a well known regular there and we often visited his father, Joss’, kart shop nearby.
Precious memories for you then. I should imagine it makes watching the racing more interesting having had that contact with them. 8-)
DominicBest wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:11 pm For those who don’t know F1 posts à highlights video on YouTube shortly after a Grand Prix has finished.
https://youtube.com/c/F1
Thanks for posting the link Cominic, some members might not have access to the racing so may find it useful. :D