A Potting shed?

Creating and maintaining gardens in France, French plants, ponds, gardening tools and machinery, etc
Spectrum

A Potting shed?

#1 Post by Spectrum »

Where to buy one in France, or get one imported from the UK, any ideas? Have translated it to French as "Hanger de rempotage" but it comes up with temporary aircraft hangers :crazy: and potting tables. I can find plenty of sheds but not the typical sloping glass front type. Thanks

exile

A Potting shed?

#2 Post by exile »

Abri de Jardin

Gamm Vert
Castorama
Leroy Merlin
Manomano

exile

A Potting shed?

#3 Post by exile »

Apologies Spectrum for the terse reply. SWMBO was requesting my aid.

You need to search for Abri de Jardin and below 4 good starting points - all dot fr sites.

tagh

A Potting shed?

#4 Post by tagh »

Be careful where you put it, my small greenhouse was blown apart by the winter storms.

Spectrum

A Potting shed?

#5 Post by Spectrum »

Don't worry exile, I have already looked on those sites and many more, they are all just sheds, I need a potting shed, it appears its an English thing :shh: will keep looking, thanks.

exile

A Potting shed?

#6 Post by exile »

I think you are right in it being a very British thing. I think the French would be more likely to use a green house (serre de jardin) or do their potting on in the open.

It might be possible to modify some of the sheds and put in extra windows. Look for those that use interlocking wood planks rather than pre-formed panels.

Quiksilver

A Potting shed?

#7 Post by Quiksilver »

If you Google 'abri du jardin lumineux' that throws up some interesting (and expensive) options :)