Mower problems.

Creating and maintaining gardens in France, French plants, ponds, gardening tools and machinery, etc
Hotrodder

Mower problems.

#21 Post by Hotrodder »

hughnique wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:15 pm I seem to be in the same dilemma as a lot of others, regarding ride on mowers. Firstly I hate to see clods of grass strewn all over what passes for a lawn, mostly weeds but at least they are green and from a distance it passes muster. Collection in the back bag is therefore essential, but that's the problem, constantly getting blocked in the chute, and it is such a pain in the arse to keep hooking it out and starting up again. Currently a MTD, cost about 1800€ from bricomarche 2 years ago, basically crap, so what do I need to have a mower that will cut the green stuff and not keep blocking up all the time?
One would hope that paying €1800 would get you a good piece of kit but from what I have seen you need to cough up at least €5k to get anything worthwhile to use on a large area. Over the last 21 years I have bought two diesel estates and two diesel vans each for less than that €1800 figure and the two we still have will most likely see us until we are belly up. In that same period I have gone through so many rideon mowers I have lost count. Rebuilding engines, re-welding and reinforcing decks, replacing belts and deck bearings when I should have been sat by a pool drinking wine like they talk about on A Place in the Sun.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.