Poxy ride on

Creating and maintaining gardens in France, French plants, ponds, gardening tools and machinery, etc
Bayleaf

Poxy ride on

#11 Post by Bayleaf »

L Austin France wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:46 am
Just sat here thinking, Wow! that's 10 x 40 hour weeks pa sat on a mower :lol:
Or 30 weeks (our mowing season can last 6 mths), at 13hrs mowing per week. Then add on the 2nd one - we've had to cut some big "lawns" over the years, including our own.

Hotrodder

Poxy ride on

#12 Post by Hotrodder »

Bayleaf's experience reinforces my own opinion of Kubota equipment. Money well spent when considering longevity and running costs with diesel engines opposed to cheaper kit fitted with petrol engines and their higher maintenance needs. Professionals and local authorities are keen on the Kubota for good reasons.
Sadly they are too expensive for most https://www.jardins-loisirs.com/materie ... ubota.html . On the plus side, taking the long view they are good and still retain strong resale value a few years down the road.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Bayleaf

Poxy ride on

#13 Post by Bayleaf »

I have a :oops: confession to make! Mr Bayleaf just told me there's a decimal place in there! Soo, the older one has actually done 700.33hrs, and the younger one has done nearly 300hrs. We didn't start mowing commercially until about 2014.

It just feels like we've done a lot more, and goodness knows how many hours strimming! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

L Austin France

Poxy ride on

#14 Post by L Austin France »

Bayleaf wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 am I have a :oops: confession to make! Mr Bayleaf just told me there's a decimal place in there! Soo, the older one has actually done 700.33hrs, and the younger one has done nearly 300hrs. We didn't start mowing commercially until about 2014.

It just feels like we've done a lot more, and goodness knows how many hours strimming! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AHA! so it's about the same average annual usage as my old gal.
Wondered why you never came on here complaining of sore behind :lol:

glazedallover

Poxy ride on

#15 Post by glazedallover »

I just leave the clippings where they fall..........lazy barstewad.

Hotrodder

Poxy ride on

#16 Post by Hotrodder »

Same here.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Bayleaf

Poxy ride on

#17 Post by Bayleaf »

Our Commune encourages "letting it lie", to reduce dechets and let the goodness go back into the lawn. Saves time and fuel too!