Local Hero

rabbit

Local Hero

#1 Post by rabbit »

I know from previous posts that some of you are also fans of P Floyd Dire Straits et al. Mark Knopfler has released a remake of the theme from Local Hero in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust. It is a true work of art and as well as MK has Clapton Gilmour Mason Springsteen Hank Marvin Jef Beck Townsend Keith Richard Buddy Guy and many others. Search YouTube.
It caused me to reflect on how lucky we were to have these magnificent musicians in our lives and what a dearth there is today.
30 years ago Dire Straits paid for the first teenage cancer ward and recently he personally auctioned a number of his guitars and donated £8m to the trust. A true local hero

Blaze

Local Hero

#2 Post by Blaze »

Thanks for that Rabbit. I'm a huge Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler fan so will be interested to hear the new recording.
Yes, we are incredibly fortunate to have had such amazing musicians in our lifetime.
I've always loved Local Hero, I've lost count of the number of times we've watched it ....

L Austin France

Local Hero

#3 Post by L Austin France »

The guy's an absolute genius on guitar.
Every time I see or hear him play I wonder why I'd ever bothered picking one up.

Polly

Local Hero

#4 Post by Polly »

Thanks, Rabbit, I love it - how could anyone not?! Such a small price to pay for hearing so many heroes joining together and an excellent charity to benefit from our great pleasure.

Another Local Hero fan here.

Hotrodder

Local Hero

#5 Post by Hotrodder »

Most of those names Rabbit mentioned are top of my guitar genius list.
Never seen or heard of Local Hero.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

rabbit

Local Hero

#6 Post by rabbit »

Hotrodder, It is actually called “Going Home”. And it is the theme from the film Local Hero. It is on the live album Alchemy, which in my opinion is the best version