Peaky Blinders

manonthemoon2

Peaky Blinders

#1 Post by manonthemoon2 »

I've never watched this, until today. Now, I'm addicted!

Just started season 2.

If anyone has watched it what do you think?

No spoilers please

Bayleaf

Peaky Blinders

#2 Post by Bayleaf »

No. Watched a very short part of it first time around, and couldn't cope with the type of violence it portrays (and I'm not normally very squeamish). I'm sure it's very good, story and acting wise - but not for me!

Spardo

Peaky Blinders

#3 Post by Spardo »

Same as Bayleaf, almost, I watched the 1st series, then tried the 2nd but gave up. Not for the violence but it seemed to me that they had nowhere more to go.

Richard

Peaky Blinders

#4 Post by Richard »

I haven't seen the new series yet but seen all the earlier ones.

I think it is one of the best TV series to be produced in many years.

Wilbro

Peaky Blinders

#5 Post by Wilbro »

Not seen it but it apparantly bears no relation to the originals Peaky Blinders who were just low life unintelligent street gangs. The trailers I've seen and the odd bit before switching off seems to be quite different to say the least.

AmandaJ

Peaky Blinders

#6 Post by AmandaJ »

Just watched the final episode, very good I think.
Impressed that they managed to keep the interest going through all the series. I really enjoyed it.

Spardo

Peaky Blinders

#7 Post by Spardo »

Wilbro wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:13 am Not seen it but it apparantly bears no relation to the originals Peaky Blinders who were just low life unintelligent street gangs.
That is how I remember it from watching just a little more than the first series. And if memory serves, their origins were in the returnees from WW1 whereas the originals dated from the 19th century. But then it was not supposed to be a history lesson.