Jubilee music party at the Palace

manonthemoon2

#1 Post by manonthemoon2 »

So far I've loved Andrea Bocelli, Rod Stewart and the musicals.

Some of the artists I've never heard of so I very much doubt the Queen would have.

I feel sorry for Prince George and Princess Charlotte, they look (understandably) bored.

The graphics on the Palace are good.

Prince Charles' speech was amusing.

There is no doubt in my mind the Queen will be sorely missed by her followers when that time comes.

Is anyone watching?

Pathca

#2 Post by Pathca »

I left four of my female patients sitting round a computer monitor engrossed

exile

#3 Post by exile »

Some good entertainment there. Unfortunately my viewing was interupted and I missed some of what I suspect were the better moments.

manonthemoon2

#4 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Can you catch up on Iplayer?

Otherwise You tube?

Bayleaf

#5 Post by Bayleaf »

Watched most of it in the end - thinking we'd be cut off by a storm at any moment (which passed us by fairly unnoticed). What stood out was, yes, little George looked right peeved to be there. Lee Mack was an instant improvement - with his quick witted jokes (the partygate one got a particularly good reception! :lol: ) The stand out music for me, surprisingly enough, was Diana Ross at the end. I wasn't expecting such a good performance from her - and her "Thank you" track was lovely (starts at about 4 minutes in on the clip below).

Otherwise, as to be expected - many I'd never heard of, but they have to appeal to all ages.

The lighting on the Palace was amazing, and the drone (?) display above was mesmerising. Overall, a better evening than we expected! (Oh, and Stephen Fry's comment about how many PMs Ma'am has had to endure also went down very well - funny that! :lol:)

niemeyjt

#6 Post by niemeyjt »

Bayleaf

#7 Post by Bayleaf »

I suspect YouTube will be flooded with clips of it. Also, there was a small sketch of Ma'am and Paddington Bear - we thought it was an Actor, but apparently it really was Her Majesty!

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/queen-paddin ... RpAr2ONXB8

Blaze

#8 Post by Blaze »

It was supposed to be shown on Channel 6 on French telly but wasn't ... unless it started very late 😢 We don't have or want UK TV but there are occasions like lastnight when it would have been nice. Fortunately the Birthday Parade was shown in full on French channels.

MAD87

#9 Post by MAD87 »

I'm not a royalist (naturally) but a big Paddington fan. I've just watched that sketch - triffic!

ajm

#10 Post by ajm »

Blaze wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:20 am It was supposed to be shown on Channel 6 on French telly but wasn't ... unless it started very late 😢 We don't have or want UK TV but there are occasions like lastnight when it would have been nice. Fortunately the Birthday Parade was shown in full on French channels.
It was on Paris 1re - should be available on Canal en demande