Help! I bought a village

beejay

Help! I bought a village

#11 Post by beejay »

exile wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:53 am I am sure there will be similar rules - but probably different in the detail.

I have also observed that the Sawbridges are also seen driving from time to time a GB registered vehicle. It is easy to take the holier than thou view but there might be quite legitimate reasons for this. For example the vehicle may belong to and be registered to a UK company (for example their own productions company) and provided it spends the majority of its time in the UK with no extended stays abroad, that would be legal.
#
Unless someone knows differently of course.
Being residents of France are the Strawbridges permitted to drive a UK registered vehicle in France?

exile

Help! I bought a village

#12 Post by exile »

I am not sure, but since it is not their car (as in registered to them as owner or keeper) I think they may be permitted.

hughnique

Help! I bought a village

#13 Post by hughnique »

The other night the woman in Italy flew back to see her Mum in UK and whilst there purchased some wooden garden furniture, obviously not available in Italy, this then led to hubby driving back to collect it in what the narrator classed as "their trusted pick up truck", again a uk reg vehicle. Not wishing to take the holier than thou view, but how do they get away with it, probably way down the list on the polices agenda.
Last night saw a wonderful wedding at the French village, two Belgian gays cavorting about.

Polly

Help! I bought a village

#14 Post by Polly »

I must have missed the cavorting, looked as though a very good time was had by all - and what a splendid setting for the happy occasion.

hughnique

Help! I bought a village

#15 Post by hughnique »

I feel sure that it is presented by the same people as the chateau DIY and spin offs, the format is very much alike. That woman works her rear end off always seems to be cooking something.