The Mole

Veem

The Mole

#1 Post by Veem »

Did anyone else watch the cartoon broadcast yesterday on BBC - The Mole, the boy, the fox and the horse? We recorded it and watched it just now. Beautifully animated artwork, fantastic script and very, very touching.

One of the most memorable parts of dialogue for me -
Mole 'What do you want to be when you grow up?'
Boy 'Kind.'

Blaze

The Mole

#2 Post by Blaze »

I didn't see it but it sounds like Charlie Macksey. He does the most beautiful drawings and scripts.

Bayleaf

The Mole

#3 Post by Bayleaf »

Just caught the end of it:
kindness.jpg
Wise words. If only everyone could be kinder with their words and actions - wouldn't the world be a different place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Veem

The Mole

#4 Post by Veem »

Blaze wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:44 pm I didn't see it but it sounds like Charlie Macksey. He does the most beautiful drawings and scripts.
That's exactly who it was Blaze. There was a fascinating interview with him on Radio 4 on Christmas Eve which whetted my appetite to watch the film.

exile

The Mole

#5 Post by exile »

For anyone who missed it or would like to watch it again it is on BBC1 this afternoon at 16:30 CET

Nomoss

The Mole

#6 Post by Nomoss »

exile wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:51 pm For anyone who missed it or would like to watch it again it is on BBC1 this afternoon at 16:30 CET
Thanks for the heads-up :)

suein56

The Mole

#7 Post by suein56 »

exile wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:51 pm For anyone who missed it or would like to watch it again it is on BBC1 this afternoon at 16:30 CET
Thank you exile .. I saw your post in time to watch the repeat - which I thoroughly enjoyed 😊

Veem

The Mole

#8 Post by Veem »

I hope a few more people on here managed to watch it.

I realise now that I've been seeing Charlie Mackesy's beautiful drawings with inspirational accompanying comments on FB for years ................ I wish they'd repeat the interview with him that I heard on radio 4 in the lead-up to Christmas. I only caught some of it and in retrospect, it would be so interesting to listen properly.

Sparkle

The Mole

#9 Post by Sparkle »

Having read the posts here I recorded it this afternoon and have just watched it - what a lovely story and thanks.........cos I'm now in floods even with a happy ending.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Headers

The Mole

#10 Post by Headers »

Veem wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:36 pm I hope a few more people on here managed to watch it.

I realise now that I've been seeing Charlie Mackesy's beautiful drawings with inspirational accompanying comments on FB for years ................ I wish they'd repeat the interview with him that I heard on radio 4 in the lead-up to Christmas. I only caught some of it and in retrospect, it would be so interesting to listen properly.
The interview will be somewhere on ‘BBC sounds’ for at least a month.