What a load of ????

hughnique

What a load of ????

#1 Post by hughnique »

Tuned in to the Bafta's last night, well beyond belief, I just could not turn it off in the hope that I might recognise someone. The comperes, two "comedians", Becket and Rangawhatsit were pitiful beyond belief, as for the nominations, never seen or heard of the programmes, or anyone who "starred" in them, went completely over my head, and of course any opportunity to play the old card by several of these stars, was siezed upon with relish. Good job I don't pay for a TV licence.

Pathca

What a load of ????

#2 Post by Pathca »

What’s the old card

hughnique

What a load of ????

#3 Post by hughnique »

That would be the race one.

tagh

What a load of ????

#4 Post by tagh »

I do wish that these award ceremonies were not shown on TV as they are boring, luvvie centred crup.

Pathca

What a load of ????

#5 Post by Pathca »

hughnique wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:26 am That would be the race one.
There’s so many people claim are being played these day I wondered which you meant

Blaze

What a load of ????

#6 Post by Blaze »

tagh wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:35 am I do wish that these award ceremonies were not shown on TV as they are boring, luvvie centred crup.
We don't watch award ceremonies, luvvies plateaux or any other chit chat show (yawn). We don't watch much TV anyway and there's always something more interesting to watch on replay. But nothing beats a good book, snuggled up on the sofa with our new doggie !

Edit : We don't have UK TV - that on top of French luvvie tosh would be too much.
Last edited by Blaze on Mon May 15, 2023 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

hughnique

What a load of ????

#7 Post by hughnique »

I was only waiting for the new series, "ten pound poms", hope that warms up a bit as well. I do remember making enquiries at the time about relocating, but it never materialised.

Spectrum

What a load of ????

#8 Post by Spectrum »

Too much crap on TV, did watch the film "Waterworld" turning out to be a bit of a classic, "Mad Max" on water is a good description of it.

DominicBest

What a load of ????

#9 Post by DominicBest »

I seem to manage to avoid all of those types of programmes without any trouble. The only downside is that I would fail miserably in the Entertainment round in a pub quiz as I really have no idea who most of the people who appear to be celebrities are. I’m sure there are others out there who will tell me that it’s my loss but I seem to be coping with that.

Blaze

What a load of ????

#10 Post by Blaze »

DominicBest wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:22 am I seem to manage to avoid all of those types of programmes without any trouble. The only downside is that I would fail miserably in the Entertainment round in a pub quiz as I really have no idea who most of the people who appear to be celebrities are. I’m sure there are others out there who will tell me that it’s my loss but I seem to be coping with that.
+1 :D