FREESAT

Hotrodder

FREESAT

#11 Post by Hotrodder »

I posted this yesterday but it has disappeared. BBC3 is returning on the 1st of Feb.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

beejay

FREESAT

#12 Post by beejay »

Hotrodder wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:56 pm I posted this yesterday but it has disappeared. BBC3 is returning on the 1st of Feb.
Already back on Freeview. Don't hold your breath for the programmes aimed at "20-34 year olds".

Hotrodder

FREESAT

#13 Post by Hotrodder »

:lol:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Spardo

FREESAT

#14 Post by Spardo »

elsie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:48 pm I would have hoped your Freesat boxes would have updated any scheduled recordings to the new channel numbers. That is certainly the case with my box. I doubt they've moved the programmes to different transponders.
Not recordings Elsie, reminders, I don't do recordings with a Manhattan. If I want those, very rare, I switch to the Humax but I don't think that is so user friendly. Smaller grid pages for one thing, and more time consuming booking reminders.

elsie

FREESAT

#15 Post by elsie »

Sparkle

FREESAT

#16 Post by Sparkle »

I had a look at the BBC3 programmes for a couple of days onwards - not for us from what I saw as @beejay said aimed at the much younger generation me thinks.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

elsie

FREESAT

#17 Post by elsie »

It always was a youth-oriented channel

Loup-garou

FREESAT

#18 Post by Loup-garou »

I don't understand the BBC's thinking. BBC3 was taken off because the viewing figures dropped dramatically. You could still watch the programmes, somewhere or other, but the viewing figures continued to tumble - so it brought back BBC3 with the same old, same old? This at a time when cuts to the licence fee are announced and the BBC is threatening dire things to cope.

Having seen a couple of trailers for BBC3 things that were shifted into BBC1 & 2, nothing would tempt me to watch them. However, didn't I see they will show 3 Africa Cup of Nations matches on the channel.

That said, the BBC's coverage of major sport is declining rapidly and it appears to be desperate to find stuff to air.