Belfast

Sparkle

Belfast

#1 Post by Sparkle »

Looking forward to being able to see the film 'Belfast' when it's possible! My 'best' friend is from NI but has lived in the UK for many decades and doesn't speak much about her time there.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Sparkle

Belfast

#2 Post by Sparkle »

Very interesting article especially because I have several friends who were born in NI in the 1940s who moved to England in the 1970s.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/202 ... im-so-much
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

niemeyjt

Belfast

#3 Post by niemeyjt »

And of course today is 50th anniversary of Bloody Sunday.

Char
Site Admin

Belfast

#4 Post by Char »

I can't believe no one got any justice for that - absolutely deplorable.

Spardo

Belfast

#5 Post by Spardo »

I don't want to be controversial here, but can someone say why young soldiers possibly believing they are under attack and fearful for their lives must be blamed and punished for making a mistake, while vicious monsters who constructed and planted shrapnel filled bombs in full knowledge that men, women and children would be blown to pieces should be pardoned and walking free? Just so an agreement can be made to end it all. All very laudable and the saving of so many more lives, but why should the soldiers not be included in that deal?