Jack Reacher series streaming ....

Bayleaf

#1 Post by Bayleaf »

Any Lee Child/Jack Reacher fans on here? Recently released on Amazon Prime (fr, but also apparently on the UK site) is a new series based on one of Lee Child's brilliant books.

Anyone who knows of the character, Jack Reacher, knows he's a brute of a fellow, ex-soldier, doesn't waste words - and is a walking killing machine with a good brain in his head.

This series, in comparison to a couple of Reacher films directed and starred by Tom Cruise, is a much better reinactment of the books. Tom Cruise couldn't be further from a Reacher character if he tried! Tried watching one, as I'm a great fan of Lee Child, but Cruise just ruined it (for me).

There's a little more humour in the series than in the books (if I remember rightly), but that only adds to it. Worth watching, but the violence is a bit graphic at times - that's when I tend to know what's coming and shut my good eye briefly, so my lazy eye only sees a grainy image of what's going on! :lol: 8-)

MAD87

#2 Post by MAD87 »

I've read quite a few Reacher books, but he annoys me throwing away his clothes rather than getting them cleaned!

A.N.Other

#3 Post by A.N.Other »

It's fiction old chap!

Binge watched it last week but couldn't stop myself thinking of The Incredible Hulk :lol:

If they did a remake of that Ritchson would be natural!

Bayleaf

#4 Post by Bayleaf »

A second series has already been agreed, so must be quite popular!

Yes, there are elements of the Hulk as Ritchson is of similar stature! :lol: Much better than Tom Cruise though!!

A.N.Other

#5 Post by A.N.Other »

ANYONE would be/is better than tiny Tom!