Can anyone identify these switches?

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
L Austin France

#1 Post by L Austin France »

About 17 years ago when I rewired our 'new' house I fitted these 3x double 2 way light switches.
The bottom pair switch terrace & garden flood lights & the flood light switch has just given up probably due to it originally switching 2 x 400w halogen lights now changed to LED floods at about 150w each.
I've swopped over the feed from the flood switch to the terrace switch as a temporary measure but need to fit a replacement switch.
Trouble is I can't remember what make they are I can't see a name on the switches without disconnecting all of the wiring to remove the bank of switches which is a PITA.
Hence my long shot question as to the make of these switches which are about 36mm high x 41mm wide. I think they are Legrand but not sure.
Picture to follow from my phone.
IMG_20220412_143726_compress49.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Polarengineer

#2 Post by Polarengineer »

I have these by LeGrand and the two fit their standard bezel (moziac style) of 45mm square. So, yours are probably not LeGrand. Off you go to the brico with your measuring stick.

L Austin France

#3 Post by L Austin France »

Polarengineer wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:52 pm I have these by LeGrand and the two fit their standard bezel (moziac style) of 45mm square. So, yours are probably not LeGrand. Off you go to the brico with your measuring stick.
Thanks for that.
The holes in the bezel (cover plate?. the bit you see in my pic) are 45 mm square.
The measurements I gave are the actual physical switch sizes behind the metal plate.
The only Legrand switches I could find with a quick search are similar but have rounded corners to the rocker switch.
Seems like mine may be the same as yours so do you have a reference?

Polarengineer

#4 Post by Polarengineer »

Leroy merlin, leclerck brico, any brico has them. Take the old one with you to be sure. If you are not averse to Amazon
https://www.amazon.fr/Interrupteur-Enca ... 2&sr=8-132
NOTE...the switch with rounded corners is the Legrand Neptune style.
The switch with sharp corners is the Legrand Mosiac style.
TAKE CARE.. va-et-vient is a switch be careful you don't choose a push button unit.
The one shown in the link costs more because it contains an illumination LED to find it in the dark.

L Austin France

#5 Post by L Austin France »

Thanks again.
I've found the Mosaic range in the legrand catalogue which shows dims of the bezel different to mine. The width is the same but height of mine is 20mm shorter & C-C of switches is 15mm less although the 3 holes in the bezel @ 45 mm sq. are the same. Maybe mine's not legrand.
Problem is I can't find the dims of the actual guts of the switch mechanism to check against mine.
I'm wondering if there's a NF making the physical size of these 2 x 2 way switches the same & intercheable with others when fitted to a mounting plate.
It's looking like I'll have to remove my duff'un to compare with others which is something I was trying to avoid as my search might be prolonged & we use the garden floods for M Mutts early morning toilet trip.
Edit to show 45 mm not 71
Last edited by L Austin France on Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rsm

#6 Post by rsm »

Is the make embossed on the back of cover ?

Spectrum

#7 Post by Spectrum »

rsm wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:30 pm Is the make embossed on the back of cover ?
I was going to ask the same, mine are all Legrand, admittedly new but all have the name on the surround's.

L Austin France

#8 Post by L Austin France »

Thanks folks.
Nothing on the faceplate but whilst it was off I scratched off the umpteen coats of overpainting on the metal mounting plate & found the name 'Norvika'.
Research shows that this was a Brico Depot product & they've now changed their range. :oops: Seems likely I bought them there as 17 years ago this was the go to place at the time for us newbees who knew no better.
Dunno if I'll be able to get a replacement now. Amazon UK showed one but not in stock.
Hopefully they were copies of a recognised brand & I'll be able to substitute another make as it'll be a right pain to change the lot.
O verra.

L Austin France

#9 Post by L Austin France »

Update.
Just found what I think is the same Norvika switch on Bricolage Direct.com so ordered 2. Cheap as chips but if they'll last as long as the others I fitted I'll be happy.
Here's hoping they'll fit. :)