EDF Tempo

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
Nomoss

EDF Tempo

#21 Post by Nomoss »

RobertArthur wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:41 am @ Nomoss, after the EDF had silenced the old tarif EJP around 2010, no new abonnements, they tried to do the same with the tarif Tempo. The consumer organisations protested and finally the French Assemblée succeeded in convincing Paris that this was not a very good idea. Reluctantly the EDF stopped saying no to those who insisted long enough and finally started mentioning it again in their options.
Interesting. I've been happier away from EDF. Same goes for Orange more recently.

State-run organisations which will never change their attitudes.

Mangetout

EDF Tempo

#22 Post by Mangetout »

Nomoss wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:10 am We had a Tempo meter in our previous house, and saved money on our electricity by having all non-essential loads automatically disconnected at expensive times by selecting the appropriate meter programme, and planning ahead when we received advice of the next day's colour.
When we moved in 2012 I asked EDF if the contract could be transferred to our"new" house 5 km away, actually only about 100 years old. The answer was no, and I was told that the Tempo contract no longer existed.

So we changed our supplier to Poweo, who became Direct Energie, now Total Energie, and saved 10% on the standard tariff plus another small % for a paperless contract. We have a Heures Pleines/Creuses contract.

We have stopped burning pellets because of the huge price increase, and the house now uses only electricity (except for the bottled gas hob) our electricity bill for 2022 was only 30% higher than the cost of electricity plus pellets for 2013, while the cost of elect went up 55% for HP and 98% for HC.
Are you saying that your new supplier increased rates 55% hp and 98% hc? Because as far as I know EDF increased 4% last year and 15% this year.

Nomoss

EDF Tempo

#23 Post by Nomoss »

Our supplier's rates increased as quoted between 2013 and last year.

Mangetout

EDF Tempo

#24 Post by Mangetout »

Ah, I see. I should read more carefully.

RobertArthur

EDF Tempo

#25 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Mangetout and @ Nomoss, an example: Comparaison de la facture du ménage Martin entre 2011 and 2023.

Quote: La facture de la famille Martin a donc augmenté de pas moins de 597.89 € durant ces douze dernières années (entre 2011 et 2023), soit une augmentation de 74.89%.