Decennial

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
hughnique

Decennial

#1 Post by hughnique »

Just how does this work, I had the front of my house rendered with this enduit stuff in 2016, had a bit of a problem with one patch around a window frame, so notified the builder, no response, two registered letters later I called on the services of the huissier,at a cost of 300€, he soon got his backside into gear when she contacted him. Alas the same problem a year later, so went through the same LAR procedure, again no response from him, so as I was getting peed off I did it myself, which again did not last long before cracking.
Situation now i I have a problem on the main front of the building, so does the original company have to come and repair it or is there some way to claim off his insurance once I prise that info out of him, as I can see that going the LAR route will be fruitless.

Hotrodder

Decennial

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

I have no personal experience of this sort of thing, but my gut instinct is you will get nowhere. The builder will use the fact that you tried to fix it yourself to avoid responsibility. And like all insurance companys, the insurers will look for any excuse to not pay a claim.

Having said that, I wish you the best of luck getting it sorted and we will all be interested to hear how you get on.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

MAD87

Decennial

#3 Post by MAD87 »

I'd start by getting an LRAR off to the insurers to make a formal claim and ask them to find another artisan.

Fingers crossed that your man has paid the premiums (usually several thousands) and that the primary insurers are not English.

And Hotrodder's point is good, unless you can claim it was an emergency...

elsie

Decennial

#4 Post by elsie »

I'm not sure rendering is covered by the decennial insurance unless it was specifically for water-proofing. I was told it was only covered for two years.

hughnique

Decennial

#5 Post by hughnique »

Hotrodder the part I tried to remedy is nothing to do with the fault that has now surfaced on another part of the building MAD87, I have not a clue who his insurers are, and the fact that he just ignores LRAR, makes me wonder if I will get anywhere at all. I have sent an e mail to the concilliator at the dept of Justice but as yet no reply.

elsie

Decennial

#6 Post by elsie »

To add to my earlier answer, I have now done a search https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=decennale+crepi
These are a couple of results

CRÉPI QUI SE FISSURE : COUVERT PAR LA DÉCENNALE?
https://www.reno-info-maison.com/crepi- ... _1358.html

Exit la garantie décennale pour l’enduit d’une façade n’ayant pas de fonction d’étanchéité !
https://www.lemoniteur.fr/article/exit- ... te.2076714