Electric roller blinds

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
Lori

Electric roller blinds

#11 Post by Lori »

Sparkle wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:17 pm We've just had our wind up patio roller blind altered to electric - fantastic, we should have done it years ago
I didn't know you could have them altered like that. Do you mind if I ask if it was expensive? We have a double patio door with the wind up blinds. Though they are currently in good repair, I have a feeling we too might want to make this alteration in the future.

Sparkle

Electric roller blinds

#12 Post by Sparkle »

Lori wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:20 pm
Sparkle wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:17 pm We've just had our wind up patio roller blind altered to electric - fantastic, we should have done it years ago
I didn't know you could have them altered like that. Do you mind if I ask if it was expensive? We have a double patio door with the wind up blinds. Though they are currently in good repair, I have a feeling we too might want to make this alteration in the future.
I don't mind at all the cost was 562,46 and it was sooooo worth it. The reason we had to call them in was because the roller blind was stuck half way down and wouldn't move one way or t'other. When he came to look he said the blind was far too heavy for a manual wind but could repair it (it had been installed in 2002 by previous owners so knocking on a bit). We asked if solar would be good and he said no too heavy a blind and so we asked for his recommendation and he said electric. Within 2 weeks he arrived ran a cable down the inside of the plaster board to an electric socket that we didn't use and put in the thingy that you press and it is so simple - so worth the cost - our patio is a double plus an extra door so 3 openings and we used Repar Stores ie https://www.reparstores.com The chappy for our area lives in our village so we thought it would be very trustworthy and we weren't wrong - he even took his shoes off in the hall way! We've now gone a step further and ordered solar blinds for all our three small velux in the lofts - that is an eye watering amount but we know it will keep the lofts so much cooler come that intense heat that I guess we'll get and if we don't then I'll sleep better for no daylight waking me up at 6:00am ish.
Last edited by Sparkle on Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

L Austin France

Electric roller blinds

#13 Post by L Austin France »

Well worth it!
We've 4 leccy window blinds & 1 leccy glazed door blind on our west facing kitchen wall & they are constantly being adjusted in the evening due to the setting sun.
We often remark what a faff it would be if we had to operate them manually.

Sparkle

Electric roller blinds

#14 Post by Sparkle »

L Austin France wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:46 pm
Well worth it!
We've 4 leccy window blinds & 1 leccy glazed door blind on our west facing kitchen wall & they are constantly being adjusted in the evening due to the setting sun.
We often remark what a faff it would be if we had to operate them manually.
I couldn't agree more and if I'd known that they could have been altered years ago they certainly would have been changed to electric years ago. Some things are so worth the cost.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Lori

Electric roller blinds

#15 Post by Lori »

Thank you all so much ! Very helpful.

Spectrum

Electric roller blinds

#16 Post by Spectrum »

In our case, the original house we built had electric shutters so naturally this insurance paid for house has them as well, also we had the "Velux" as an electric opener, as it was too high up in the ceiling for the cane/winder, we asked for a whole house automation system, either they didn't understand or didn't care we ended up with a remote, but at least I can control them in four different blocks.

Blaze

Electric roller blinds

#17 Post by Blaze »

Sparkle wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:39 pm We asked if solar would be good and he said no too heavy a blind and so we asked for his recommendation and he said electric.
We had 4 solar roller shutters installed about 3 years ago. The first 2 are brilliant but the second 2 are much larger and one of them has been really troublesome for a long time. It's something to do with the radio connection and apparently we are not the only ones to have the problem. The people who installed them are brilliant, it's the manufacturers who are at fault. The other thing is the software has to be updated ... If we'd known that at the time, we may not have considered solar. It would be interesting to see if it would be possible to convert them to electric. One of the reasons for choosing solar was not to be dependent on electricity.

Sparkle

Electric roller blinds

#18 Post by Sparkle »

Oh eck! Our velux solar blinds are being fitted this week hopefully they'll work OK. I meant to put on my other post that for anyone interested the electric motor is a radio somfy.

Blaze

Electric roller blinds

#19 Post by Blaze »

Our solar shutters are Elero and we wouldn't touch them again. The troublesome one is going to be changed if it sticks again .....