Switch wiring help needed

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
Char
Site Admin

#11 Post by Char »

Polarengineer wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:56 pm It would appear the new switch that you have does not allow the connection of the motor thermal overload protection, here is a diagram of a three phase connection for thermal protection just ignore L1 and L2 is connected to N and you have the single phase like yours.
F9300F72-1736-4EF5-9FBC-B6B131F35679.png
If you disconnect the relay U< b from 4 in your new switch and connect the black wire from your motor to b then you should restore all functions.
If I’m wrong, nothing comes to harm as the motor will not start and stay running.
Try it and I would be pleased to hear the result.
It worked - thank you kind sir.
Thanks to all, I'll update more fully when I get a few moments.

Polarengineer

#12 Post by Polarengineer »

Ta muchly for the feedback Char. Glad to be of assistance.

Char
Site Admin

#13 Post by Char »

From my better half;
I write to express, via my dear lady wife, my grateful thanks to all those who commented and offered suggestions regarding my little query.
Typically, after I had given up with the vendor and asked on here, I subsequently received a message from the vendor showing 14 different ways to wire the switch.
In the end what I did was to connect the switch as it was (leaving the little black wire unattached) just to confirm that the motor ran O.K., which it did.
I then wired the switch as suggested using the example a couple of posts up, with the little black wire attached.
I finally found the time to refit the motor and try cutting some logs.
I can now confirm that it runs fine. Now I just gotta cut all the rest of the wood. Problem is now that the weather's changed and it's cold and wet. Mwa mwa.
Thank you all once again, Mr. Charlotte