Remote tell-tale light

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
rabbit

Remote tell-tale light

#1 Post by rabbit »

I have a garage door to a sous-sol. I sometimes accidentally leave it open all night. The door is operated from a switch on the ground floor. What I would like is a small tell tale light to tell me the door is open. Ideally wireless. Is this possible?

L Austin France

Remote tell-tale light

#2 Post by L Austin France »

If you can get a wifi signal in your garage why not try a camera like these.
A quick look at your phone will tell you if door is open & provide security as it'll give you an audible warning plus video if anything untoward happens.
I've got a couple of 'em & they work fine.
https://www.amazon.fr/eufy-int%C3%A9rie ... 327&sr=8-5

elsie

Remote tell-tale light

#3 Post by elsie »

If you have a smart phone there are plenty of battery-powered wi-fi door sensor devices like this https://www.amazon.fr/capteur-fenêtre-c ... 096B2V6YY/

rabbit

Remote tell-tale light

#4 Post by rabbit »

Thanks for above. Good idea

hughnique

Remote tell-tale light

#5 Post by hughnique »

Switches are available with neon indicators, I have them fitted on outdoor lights so as I don't forget to turn them off.

rabbit

Remote tell-tale light

#6 Post by rabbit »

Following the advice above I bought a tplink camera on Amazon for 23€. It works really well and I can even pan and tilt the camera remotely and when abroad as well as getting alerts on my phone when movement detected. As well as solving my garage door problem it has increased the security for my garage. I may buy some more

rabbit

Remote tell-tale light

#7 Post by rabbit »

The camera also has a speaker which came as a surprise to my wife. She went into the garage and jumped out of her skin when I told her to stay away from the wine rack

L Austin France

Remote tell-tale light

#8 Post by L Austin France »

rabbit wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:17 am The camera also has a speaker which came as a surprise to my wife. She went into the garage and jumped out of her skin when I told her to stay away from the wine rack
Great bits of kit & so simple to install & use.
Glad my suggestion solved your problem. :)