Solar Panels

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
OTBC

Solar Panels

#1 Post by OTBC »

Thinking of giving this a "punt"!

Any thoughts?

https://www.maisonic.com/panneaux-solai ... 27120.html

Hotrodder

Solar Panels

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

Two questions:
Are these only intended to cover the consumption of appliances while in "standby" mode?
Are ground-mounted panels allowed?
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

tagh

Solar Panels

#3 Post by tagh »

An interesting idea but are there any independent assessments?

OTBC

Solar Panels

#4 Post by OTBC »

There are plenty of "youtube" videos about these. Yes, they can sit on the ground or wall mounted.

This market is growing quickly. There are plenty of "assessments" both here in the EU & the UK.

They don't just cover appliances in standby mode, that is an example. You can buy two sets & link together.

If they save 200-300 euros a year off your lekky bill, that's not too shabby.

More research over the weekend I think!

elsie

Solar Panels

#5 Post by elsie »

I really wonder how useful they are? You will get maximum power output during a summer day and nothing at night. During days with little or no sun, you will hardly get any power. It really needs a battery to store output as well if you use little electricity during the day peaks?
As an example, here in the Vosges, I have a 2 x 3 kW feed-in installation. This shows the overall variation in output per month
Clipboard_03-15-2024_01.jpg
This shows the combined output for a dull January day and the variation with time of day
Clipboard_03-15-2024_01A.jpg
A 400W installation would give about 6-7% of that output; so the peak would have been about 22W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hughnique

Solar Panels

#6 Post by hughnique »

I have muted before I have the ideal situation for solar panels, but I keep hearing that old story about you never recoup your outlay, and then there are the pay a € adverts, how does that work, I would love to cut my leccy bills, seems the best one was in the UK with the "drop link tariff".

elsie

Solar Panels

#7 Post by elsie »

I'm currently paying Octopus about 0.2€/kWh. Over the last 10 years my 6000W installation production has averaged 6860kWh per year. For a 400W installation here you might expect 6860 x (400/6000) = 457kWh which at 0.2€/kWh = 91€ saving.

I got my feed-in tariff in 2013 (over twice the electricity cost at the time) and the panels were paid for in nine years incl interest and after tax subsidy. I don't think that would be possible today.

RobertArthur

Solar Panels

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

As soon as many of these guys keep talking about une prise 220 v and not 230 volt as we have for more than 20 years here in the EU countries, I think: you must be kidding....Even Leroymerlin seems to be unaware of these changes. Marketing boys and girls in action, how to sell a product.

Afternoon rant over. Several EU member states have rather strict regs, some allowing only a maximum of 600 W and want some form of registration. The EU regs allow a max of 800 W to be connected to a socket, that's what we see in many adds these days. Only autoconsommation allowed, no feed-in tariff with a long-term contract of 20 years (France). Savings to be made only during daylight and not too many dark clouds. Many of these adds are a bit over-optimistic I'm afraid.

elsie

Solar Panels

#9 Post by elsie »

France requires registration as well
Buried on that website is
"Do I have administrative procedures to carry out ? You will have to fill in the CACSI form present on the Enedis energy supplier's online site"

RobertArthur

Solar Panels

#10 Post by RobertArthur »

1/ About return on investment this example from Germany (40 c /kWh).

If you calculate a realistic acquisition cost of 450 euros for the complete one-module set, it would pay for itself after around five years if the electricity price remains constant. Two modules would pay for themselves after about six years. Even after this short time, the balcony power station will save you money and permanently reduce your electricity costs. As manufacturers usually give a 12 to 15-year guarantee on the inverter and even up to 25 years on the PV modules, the investment is practically always worthwhile. The amortisation period of an additional electricity storage system depends heavily on the individual circumstances.

2/ Always those regulations:

" Dans le cas de panneaux photovoltaïques au sol, seule l’autoconsommation électrique est possible. Autrement dit, il n’est pas possible de revendre de l’électricité à EDF OA (Obligation d’Achat).

En effet, pour être éligible à un contrat d’achat d’électricité solaire EDF OA, la pose des panneaux solaires doit :

* se faire sur une toiture (logement, pergola, garage, etc.) et les panneaux doivent être parallèles au toit ;
* être réalisée par un professionnel certifié RGE ;
* se faire sur une habitation disposant d’un compteur Linky. "

3/ Even the professionals of ENGIE talk about 220-volt.

4/ Technical remark: sometimes these solar panels almost blow away, here on a flat roof, about 7 meters above ground level. Robert, my production is much lower than it used to be.....