Increases in energy prices, again....

Electricity - French regulations & supplies; Insulation, Brickwork, Roofs, Joinery, Flooring, etc
Nomoss

#81 Post by Nomoss »

We have a single storey house of just over 200 m2, with 120 m2 of living area, the ceilings, floor, and outside walls of which I heavily insulated when I reformed the house. The rest is a large garage and a former shop premises, which we use for storage.

We have two 9000 BTU/Hr, air/air split reversible aircon units for heating and cooling, which we run at 20ºC and 24ºC respectively, whenever we feel the need. When the outside temperature falls below about 8ºC, heating is by an 8.5 kW pellet stove in the main room. This burns an average of 50 x 15kg sacks of pellets, costing about 220€, per year.

Cooking is by an electric oven, a halogen oven, and a bottled gas hob using 2 "Viseo" bottles a year.

Our large US washing machine and drier are run during heures creuses a couple of times a week.

Over the last 22 years our annual electricity bill has gradually risen from just under 900€ to 1280€ last year.
Our electricity supplier is Total Energie (ex Direct Energie), who provide a chart showing our consumption in Euros rather than units. They bill us monthly by direct debit, and set an amount which we are free to vary.

When I heard that prices were due to rise heavily I increased our payment from the 122€ they had set to 150€.
The chart below shows the evolution of our consumption for the last 12 months. We seem to be well placed to cover any imminent price increase.
22.07.15 Consommation to date.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Headers

#82 Post by Headers »

The tariffs have gone up today. The EDF controlled tariff is now higher than the green tariff.is it time to change? I’m not sure how the other tariffs work as I’ve always been on the controlled tariff.

Bayleaf

#83 Post by Bayleaf »

https://www.sudouest.fr/economie/prix-d ... 847998.php

Set out in Sudouest this morning.
visactu-tout-ce-qui-change-le-1er-fevrier-2023.jpg
EDF is supposed to have increased only 15%, in contrast to many others, so I'm sticking with EDF! (And we endeavour to cut back again on usage .....)

Meanwhile, in the UK, a BBC article says that consumers are paying more for electric than it costs to produce it. No doubt similar here - seriously WTF??????!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Headers

#84 Post by Headers »

Bayleaf the green offering I saw is from EDF and it is lower than their regulated offering so what’s the catch?