Shot blasting and powder coating?

:house_with_garden: French DIY - challenges & solutions, Painting & Wallpapering etc.
Spectrum

#1 Post by Spectrum »

I have two metal garage cupboards which have been neglected :oops: I would like to get them blasted and coated, have put the translation into Google but no luck, some reason I get some potato recipes :crazy: anyone know of somewhere not to far away 100kms. Thanks.

Blaze

#2 Post by Blaze »

I googled "Sablage métaux Charente" and there seem to be plenty of places to get it done in Charente. Just a question of finding someone nearby.

Hotrodder

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

At a sensible price. 8-)
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Spectrum

#4 Post by Spectrum »

Thanks will do some more research. :clap:

Spectrum

#5 Post by Spectrum »

Having sent e-mails and filled in contact forms to four companies, not one of them have bothered to reply, I am finding that this is typical of French businesses, I had the same problem when looking for a new mower, they lost an order of 5K :evil: the same here, so have decided to buy the equipment and do it myself, more expensive and it will be slower but I have the time, and at least I will still have the means to blast anything in the future, I have done blasting on a small scale with just a compressor and hand held pot, so this should be interesting all the correct PPE will be purchased as needed.

Blaze

#6 Post by Blaze »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:36 am Having sent e-mails and filled in contact forms to four companies, not one of them have bothered to reply,
I've heard that many companies/businesses are so inundated with emails that they don't bother to reply. A phone call is the only way - or a personal visit.

L Austin France

#7 Post by L Austin France »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:36 am so have decided to buy the equipment and do it myself,
What are you buying? Hand held portable stuff or cabinet?

Hotrodder

#8 Post by Hotrodder »

Over the years I have found many businesses ignore emails. Not having the language skills for a telephone conversation shunts me directly to a UK source and usually ends up being cheaper. At least it did before Brexit screwed things up. 8-)

The last time I fancied having four ordinary steel wheels blasted and powder coated the French price came to nearly what I paid for the van, and that probably didn't include TVA.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Spectrum

#9 Post by Spectrum »

L Austin France wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:45 pm
Spectrum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:36 am so have decided to buy the equipment and do it myself,
What are you buying? Hand held portable stuff or cabinet?
In between, cabinets are too small so looking at the "Pot" type blasters, but I think my compressor which is nearly new may be to small :cry: will have to some more reading.

Hotrodder

#10 Post by Hotrodder »

That's likely to be the case. Pressure and flow rate on compressors we are likely to have in a home workshop are usually a little low on specification.