walk-in showers

:house_with_garden: French DIY - challenges & solutions, Painting & Wallpapering etc.
Spectrum

Re: walk-in showers

#21 Post by Spectrum »

We specified a glass partition to separate the shower from the Chippendale up stand in the bath area :D :D ;) ;) No it hasn't yet but I use lots of water at the same time, ie the shower head on low.

elsie

#22 Post by elsie »

They are now obligatory in certain new buildings
En 2021, les douches installées dans les logements neufs devront être à l'italienne. Publiée au Journal officiel du 17 septembre 2020, cette mesure vise à rendre plus accessibles les salles de bains de ces logements aux personnes à mobilité réduite. Ces douches de plain-pied et sans ressaut sont en effet d'un usage quotidien plus aisé pour les personnes âgées ou en situation de handicap.
https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... tes/A14336

MAD87

#23 Post by MAD87 »

That's interesting elsie.
Here's the current crédit d'impôt situation for wrinklies and other disabled, including a link to qualifying works https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/part ... e-pour-mon
This is to be distinguished from Aides - when we changed our boiler, we got an aide and a crédit.

DaveW

#24 Post by DaveW »

Re glass partitions. All our showers have glass partitions mainly for the light and space saving aspects. Non are self cleaning but all use safety glass. We just use a rubber bladed widget after use and the occasional vinegar wipe down, never had any problems with them getting calcified or dirty in 2-3 years

Blaze

#25 Post by Blaze »

[mention]MAD87[/mention] Have you thought of trying the stuff for cleaning headlight glass that's gone cloudy ? It worked miracles on our 18 year old Passat.

MAD87

#26 Post by MAD87 »

Blaze wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:15 pm @MAD87 Have you thought of trying the stuff for cleaning headlight glass that's gone cloudy ? It worked miracles on our 18 year old Passat.
No....but do you know what's in it?
It could just be that the water's very hard here.

Josie

#27 Post by Josie »

DaveW wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:05 pm Re glass partitions. All our showers have glass partitions mainly for the light and space saving aspects. Non are self cleaning but all use safety glass. We just use a rubber bladed widget after use and the occasional vinegar wipe down, never had any problems with them getting calcified or dirty in 2-3 years
Hello, I hope you don't mind a newbie chipping in! DaveW has it right. If the glass is squeegeed down straightaway, no smears or limescale stains remain. My shower enclosures (a mix of tiled and glass) are 12 years old now and as good as new. Probably not a solution if you've got lots of visitors or children, though.

DaveW

#28 Post by DaveW »

We taught our 7 and 9 year old grandchildren to to use the squeegie on the glass after showering. It’s a game, they wipe every drop of water off.

Blaze

#29 Post by Blaze »

[mention]MAD87[/mention] I think it must be some sort of very mild abrasive but as it can be used on plastic headlights as well as glass, it's non scratchy.

niemeyjt

#30 Post by niemeyjt »

Blaze wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:45 pm@MAD87 I think it must be some sort of very mild abrasive but as it can be used on plastic headlights as well as glass, it's non scratchy.
It's for plastic, not glass, I think - did a nice job on the Yaris as well - and is scratchy - but very fine scratches.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1