Whizzy wand works wonders

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
L Austin France

#1 Post by L Austin France »

Just had first use of the Maxblast rotary chimney sweeping kit I bought some while ago.
Absolutely brilliant piece of kit which cleaned our two woodie chimney liners quickly & effortlessly.
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/MaxBlast-Chi ... B08JCKY34V

Hotrodder

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

Looks like all I have to do is make up a little adaptor to attach my drill to my existing sweep rods. Thanks for the idea.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

#3 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:31 am Looks like all I have to do is make up a little adaptor to attach my drill to my existing sweep rods. Thanks for the idea.
If you use 'screw together' rods just make sure you don't reverse your drill. ;)
The one I bought has 'push button' connections on the very flexible rods so OK in both directions. It also uses much less 'bristles' on the brush & relies a fair bit on centrifugal force to keep 'em in firm contact with the liner etc. A man of your talents could make up a head with strimmer cord. A brush about 1" bigger dia. than the flue seems to be the norm.
I'm really pleased with this set up as it takes much less effort than the old 'push me pull me' brush & rods & cleans much better.

Hotrodder

#4 Post by Hotrodder »

My rod set has clever joints. First you engage a right hand thread and then an internally threaded cover turns left handed over the join. Can't undo whichever way you turn the rods.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.