Abnormal gas consumption

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
rabbit

Abnormal gas consumption

#1 Post by rabbit »

I just compared my gas consumption for the past year against the previous year. The consumption has risen from 200m3 to over 300. This is at a time ,when because of the energy crisis we had been trying to reduce our consumption. Also it was a mild winter. We did have a new gas meter installed about 18 mths ago. So that is my first suspect. CH boiler is serviced annual and is about 18 years old. Any other ideas?

MAD87

Abnormal gas consumption

#2 Post by MAD87 »

I can't offer any ideas, but our bills for the 4 winter months came to €2k. Newish boiler (2-3 years old), good insulation and thermostats on all rads.

Mangetout

Abnormal gas consumption

#3 Post by Mangetout »

That's a big increase. Have you looked at other years to see if the 200m3 is consistent?

RobertArthur

Abnormal gas consumption

#4 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Rabbit, old meter or new meter malfunctioning? Or a leak somewhere?

Perhaps something went wrong when changing meters? How to read a gas meter and submit the reading?

Doug

Abnormal gas consumption

#5 Post by Doug »

MAD87 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:57 am I can't offer any ideas, but our bills for the 4 winter months came to €2k. Newish boiler (2-3 years old), good insulation and thermostats on all rads.
We use propane with an above ground cytern. Just ordered a fill from Antargaz our supplier to be told that the price is the same as last year for our last fill in March, 3/4 tonne. 1300 euro.we will see after next week's delivery.
Use gaz for both cooking and heating with a new condensing boiler I installed two years ago.