Our fosse has a fissure

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
Lori

Our fosse has a fissure

#11 Post by Lori »

Reading with interest. Don't get into the tank Headers !!!!! Don't do it. :shock:

I hope it turns out you can have it repaired and don't need to replace it. I'm afraid I'd have to bring in the fosse people, whatever it cost as this is something we would not touch..

Headers

Our fosse has a fissure

#12 Post by Headers »

I’m pretty sure it will be getting ripped out. Just started looking at what we have to do. It’s hyper complicated!

Lori

Our fosse has a fissure

#13 Post by Lori »

So sorry. I don't look forward to this day.

Headers

Our fosse has a fissure

#14 Post by Headers »

Our commune has been declared eligible for financial aid due to the sécheresse. I’m off to see my insurance guy next week to see if he thinks putting in a Claim for the fosse is worth it. Could be a tricky meeting as he is pretty hopeless on the rules and regs.
I’m can only hope.

Lori

Our fosse has a fissure

#15 Post by Lori »

Good idea. Good luck !

Headers

Our fosse has a fissure

#16 Post by Headers »

I got in touch with SPANC and a technicien came out today. He said keep it simple, and we have ample room to have the filtre bed behind the house with the water exiting on our land.
I don’t think he got the tank size right as we have 5 bedrooms so I’m pretty sure we need a 5k litre tank. We’ll have to have the existing ones emptied (again) and filled with sand as they would be too heavy to take out.
We can get rid of the bac a graisse which I never saw the point of and amalgamate our two existing 3k tanks to one.
Now the challenge is to get find some enterprises who are happy to do a simple system, get some Devis and then get SPANC to approve one. He was definitely anti micro station.He also recommended that we took out Dommages Ouvrages insurance.
We have someone coming tomorrow - it’s going to be a long job!

Headers

Our fosse has a fissure

#17 Post by Headers »

Oh the answer to the sécheresse enquiry was a big NON.

MAD87

Our fosse has a fissure

#18 Post by MAD87 »

Headers wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:59 pm Oh the answer to the sécheresse enquiry was a big NON.
From whom? The insurer or the commune?

Headers

Our fosse has a fissure

#19 Post by Headers »

The insurer said NON. I went and spoke to the maire, he went to the insurer. The answer was still NON.

curtis

Our fosse has a fissure

#20 Post by curtis »

Oh bugger, but at least you have a way forward.