Electric heaters

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
Blaze

Electric heaters

#21 Post by Blaze »

I can't abide fitted carpets though I accept they must make some places much warmer. This house is dusty enough as it is (where does it all come from ?) - the dogs ??
New Years resolution : get the hoover out more often :lol:

Hotrodder

Electric heaters

#22 Post by Hotrodder »

hughnique wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:07 pm When you consider a typical UK dwelling, all draughtproof double glazed windows, heaps of insulation, fitted carpets throughout and always a cold or flu materialising, let alone dust mites and the like.
In UK I was living in that sort of place before I moved onto my boat. I caught flu every year and had a couple of colds in between. Since living in northern France in near medieval confort levels I have had not a single cold and only one bout of flu (Swine).
Draw your own conclusions.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

Electric heaters

#23 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:50 pm
hughnique wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:07 pm When you consider a typical UK dwelling, all draughtproof double glazed windows, heaps of insulation, fitted carpets throughout and always a cold or flu materialising, let alone dust mites and the like.
In UK I was living in that sort of place before I moved onto my boat. I caught flu every year and had a couple of colds in between. Since living in northern France in near medieval confort levels I have had not a single cold and only one bout of flu (Swine).
Draw your own conclusions.
You often post that you don't go out much in France so maybe you just met more people in the UK.