Log Splitters

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
Char
Site Admin

Re: Log Splitters

#21 Post by Char »

Hotrodder wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:15 am Just to offer my 2 centimes worth. Just buy the largest most powerful splitter you can afford. If it is a good one you will always have something to sell on when you no longer need it. A cheap one will be scrap before you are done with it. I've had two. Both horizontal types. One that sits on the ground and one that is on legs about waist high. The ground level one was a killer to use because of the bending over to load and operate it. The one on legs proved better in that respect even though it means I have to lift the logs higher. Both are an infernal nuisance because you have to operate two controls at the same time to use it. That means both hands are needed to keep it running. I have to defeat one of the two to leave a (gloved) hand free to steady the log as it is being split. More than once that steadying hand has kept me from being hit in the face with a lump of wood during the split.
Thanks HR :D

Char
Site Admin

#22 Post by Char »

Pathca wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:35 am @Char Did you want to play tennis?
I used to enjoy it - we have a public tennis court not far from us which is free to use. t'was a good way to blow the cobwebs away and release stress. 8-)

Loup-garou

#23 Post by Loup-garou »

As is splitting logs. The noises generated can be very loud .............. like many female professional tennis players! :)

Char
Site Admin

#24 Post by Char »

Loup-garou wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:48 am As is splitting logs. The noises generated can be very loud .............. like many female professional tennis players! :)
:lol: They do make a bit of a noise don't they.