Joining an autoroute

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
elsie

Joining an autoroute

#21 Post by elsie »

Antonia wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:28 am Can someone direct me to where in the Code de la route it says it's illegal to slow down to allow someone to enter from a slip road? I'll admit to doing it all the time ( so long as there's nothing too close behind of course ). I tried to find it last night without success. The closest I got was the minimum speed limit. In fact I got onto an instructional website where they actually advocated it for dense traffic.
There was a link in the earlier message on page 1 posted by rsm leading to https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/codes/ar ... 006842314/

rabbit

Joining an autoroute

#22 Post by rabbit »

Antonia wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:28 am Can someone direct me to where in the Code de la route it says it's illegal to slow down to allow someone to enter from a slip road? I'll admit to doing it all the time ( so long as there's nothing too close behind of course ). I tried to find it last night without success. The closest I got was the minimum speed limit. In fact I got onto an instructional website where they actually advocated it for dense traffic.
I made a mistake. It is vehicles entering from the slip road who must not cause a vehicle on the main road to slow down
Ce refus de priorité est constitué à partir du moment où le conducteur à l'issue de l'entrée d'autoroute, oblige un usager circulant sur l'autoroute, à ralentir ou à changer de trajectoire.

Antonia

Joining an autoroute

#23 Post by Antonia »

Thank you, that's what I understood to be the case.