Still going strong.

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
Wilbro

Still going strong.

#11 Post by Wilbro »

@L Austin France
An old farmer friend of my brother in law's told him he was getting a new car. "one o' them there frenchie things, a Pig-oyt or summat" :lol:

DominicBest

Still going strong.

#12 Post by DominicBest »

Sparkle wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:17 am Our Renault Modus bought new in 2005 has 198,000 km and is still going strong with a few repairs now & again. Our MG bought new (I bought it for OHs big birthday!) in 2002 has 9,000km and obviously is still going strong :D
9,000 km since 2002? I’ve done almost that on the little Honda motorcycle I bought last October!

Sparkle

Still going strong.

#13 Post by Sparkle »

@DominicBest That's because OH wont take it out unless he can go out with the top off and the weather is dry & warm. We didn't get too much of that in the UK especially when working full time the weather didn't always fit our weekends. Can't use the working excuse here but the weather is not always up to much for very long. The local garage man smiles when it goes in for a service as he say the underneath is like a mirror.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

DominicBest

Still going strong.

#14 Post by DominicBest »

Sparkle wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:16 pm @DominicBest That's because OH wont take it out unless he can go out with the top off and the weather is dry & warm. We didn't get too much of that in the UK especially when working full time the weather didn't always fit our weekends. Can't use the working excuse here but the weather is not always up to much for very long. The local garage man smiles when it goes in for a service as he say the underneath is like a mirror.
9C733046-0CC2-4EC6-9D2B-5D40BC2B2B68.png
It’s a shame you aren’t down this way. There were at least four MGs at the get together yesterday evening. It was warm and sunny too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sparkle

Still going strong.

#15 Post by Sparkle »

@DominicBest yep that is a shame - we have a first Sunday of every month get together for old vehicles in our local town. There are some lovely old vehicles - ours is quite new compared with most others except for a friend that has a Morgan that is younger than ours!
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Hotrodder

Still going strong.

#16 Post by Hotrodder »

Being a long term petrol head lover of old cars, I miss all that. Nothing going on around here apart from the occasional Harley thumping past on a dry Sunday.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Liz

Still going strong.

#17 Post by Liz »

My 2005 Kangoo was useless once it developed a fault in its little electronic 'brain'

The Renault garage gave me some dosh and then tried to sell me another Renault.
No way.

Our everyday runaround insured for work is a 54 year old van, gets used every day. Cheap to insure and easy to repair, and makes people smile and chat to me in carparks.

My favourite drive is 51 years old, owes me nothing and is fine for autoroutes and towing, and gets the thumbs up everywhere.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

rsm

Still going strong.

#18 Post by rsm »

A link for hotrodder or anyone else
https://retrocalage.com/region_bretagne/

Vallie

Still going strong.

#19 Post by Vallie »

Sparkle wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:16 pm @DominicBest That's because OH wont take it out unless he can go out with the top off and the weather is dry & warm. We didn't get too much of that in the UK especially when working full time the weather didn't always fit our weekends. Can't use the working excuse here but the weather is not always up to much for very long. The local garage man smiles when it goes in for a service as he say the underneath is like a mirror.
How many services has it needed in 9000km?

Sparkle

Still going strong.

#20 Post by Sparkle »

@Vallie from memory two services till 2019 when it was thought necessary to have a full service. I had to order these items from Rimmer Bros (OH doesn't like using tinternet) and our local garage was more than happy to do the full service.

timing belt kit with water pump VVC engine, sealing water pump plug, spark plugs, oil filter, filter in line fuel line, element air cleaner, engine service kit.