Crit Air stickers

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
manonthemoon2

Crit Air stickers

#1 Post by manonthemoon2 »

It is now necessary for Rouen, which is the way OH takes to get to DFDS in Dieppe.

Is there a version you can download rather than have it posted as we are travelling on Saturday there won't be time?

Char
Site Admin

Crit Air stickers

#2 Post by Char »

It doesn't look like you can download an official one, the only place you can get an official one by the looks of it is from the government website https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/

You can apply online but they send it by post to the address on the carte gris - you would have thought you could buy one from somewhere in the places that need you to have one, but that's probably too simple.

AmandaJ

Crit Air stickers

#3 Post by AmandaJ »

I don't think you need to worry as apparently they won't be fining anyone for the first few months.

Sparkle

Crit Air stickers

#4 Post by Sparkle »

We did ours a couple of years ago online - it was very easy and they arrived in the post within a couple of days. We then had to do it again when the Town Hall decided we must have a different road name. The registration plates were old style not accepted by ANTS so we first had to change the address on Ants then get new plates and then get new crit air stickers. It was quick to do online & if I remember correctly it was 3 euros for each vehicle and again they arrived within a couple of days.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Polly

Crit Air stickers

#5 Post by Polly »

If you apply there’ll be an email from them confirming the purchase; take that proof with you and show it if asked. Several friends have done that, although only one was stopped.

But as already said, at first there’s leeway.