The ANTS website is a nightmare

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
Blaze

#11 Post by Blaze »

@suein56 Thanks for that though we have always been fortunate in our dealings with ANTS. But it could be useful for others who haven't been so lucky ...

My comment about not having someone to speak to can be relevant in other circumstances, for example if you have a problem with Doctolib. At the PCR centre, we can access Doctolib and rectify most problems but people have to come in as they can't ring us. In the case of Doctolib, it's nearly always "user error" .....

Loup-garou

#12 Post by Loup-garou »

suein56 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:55 pm If you have a problem ..
Le centre d'appels de l'ANTS est joignable du lundi au vendredi de 7h45 à 19h et le samedi de 8h00 à 17h00 aux numéros de téléphone suivants : France Métropolitaine : 34 00. Outre-Mer et étranger : 09 70 83 07 07.
In the ten times I've spoken to them (even asking to speak to a supervisor twice) it has never helped. Different responses every time even denying that there was an application whilst I'm looking at it on line.

I had a problem with Dctolib as my wife and I both used the house's fixed telephone and "Computer said no - already registered!" The system gave me a number to ring and the people I spoke to (didn't sort it immediately) were very patient and helpful.

exile

#13 Post by exile »

Blaze wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:03 am In the case of Doctolib, it's nearly always "user error" .....
If it happens frequently, it suggests or could suggest that the design of Doctolib is less than perfect though.

OH and I share email address and of course home phone number.

I have lost count of the number of times we have been refused access to a system because:

This email address is already registered. Yes but to her/me, not me/her.
This telephone line is already registered.
You have to provide a mobile telephone number. WE DON'T HAVE ONE. THERE IS NO SIGNAL HERE!

Edit to add: Doctolib is one of the offenders in the last case - thankfully OH registered with them before they had this double authentication system.

Hotrodder

#14 Post by Hotrodder »

exile wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:34 am WE DON'T HAVE ONE. THERE IS NO SIGNAL HERE!
Hey exile, that's my line! When ever I try to use that as a valid excuse the shutters comes down and its the end of the line for whatever problem I was trying to solve.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Blaze

#15 Post by Blaze »

@exile Doctolib has actually been fantastic here given the thousands of people we've had through for vaccinations and PCRs. It's not perfect and does throw a wobbly from time to time but has saved someone a fortune by not having to pay a person to answer the telephone !

Users do make mistakes : wrong date of birth, name and forename the wrong way round but that sort of thing is easy for us to correct. They also do something strange when making a RDV which gives them 2 or sometimes 3 RDVs, not necessarily on the same day ! Unsurprisingly they don't cancel the excess RVDs - perhaps Doctolib makes it complicated ?

exile

#16 Post by exile »

@Blaze I don't doubt the value of Doctolib, but it could be so much more useful if it were more inclusive.

Why is a double authentication required? No one is paying money. They are just trying to book an appointment. Why insist on sending a code or link to a mobile to authenticate your application, when an email address is already given and could be used instead. This is gathering info for the sake of it and it is poor practice when we are talking about people's health.

DaveW

#17 Post by DaveW »

Amazing the new CG arrived today, delivered by my lovely factrice, who had delivered her calendar yesterday.