Priority to the right

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
Hotrodder

Priority to the right

#61 Post by Hotrodder »

What, no E-scooters?
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Bayleaf

Priority to the right

#62 Post by Bayleaf »

Hotrodder wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:25 am What, no E-scooters?
Speaking of ruddy E-scooters, slightly digressing a moment; I had to sit in the rear of the Instructor's car last week, while my son took the wheel and Instructor nagged him as usual (it's the law to be able to get Accompanied Driving that I have to be present for one session). We were stopped at the traffic lights, and the moment all lights were red, a bloke (not particularly young) shot past us on his E-scooter and hung a left to whizz through the lights while no-one else was on it. Instructor went crazy shouting and tooting the horn, saying it's not the first time that idiot has done that - what kind of an example is it to the younguns? I said maybe he wants to die, and she said - maybe, but preferably not right in front of me! :lol:

Maybe that's why they're banning them in Paris? Hardly surprising if that's the way they're being used! :roll:

DominicBest

Priority to the right

#63 Post by DominicBest »

I think my post was misunderstood. I was not saying that D roads do not have PaD junctions because of course they do. My point is that out here in the back of beyond the main towns are linked by fairly major roads carrying a lot of traffic which are D roads. None of them have PaD. Outside of towns PaD rarely exists on ‘main’ roads.

DominicBest

Priority to the right

#64 Post by DominicBest »

‘I also used to be a motorbike rider (well, if you can call a Suzuki GP100 a real motorbike! :D )’

I actually spend as much time on my Suzuki DR125 as my bigger bike. As it spends most of its time on chemins and tracks it covers a much smaller annual mileage but it’s a whole lot of fun.