Priority to the right

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
Hotrodder

Priority to the right

#51 Post by Hotrodder »

I live on the corner of a junction. The major road is a D road with an 80k limit that is largely ignored. The minor road is a barely tarmaced lane that is one vehicle wide. You can enter the lane from the D road but at the top there is a No Entry sign. The reason is that the junction at the bottom is at the apex of a bend. It is completely impossible to see if anything is coming from your left, and conversely anyone one approaching on the D road cannot see the junction or anyone pulling out. Even being on foot you can't see far enough around the bend to cross over safely. There is almost daily, someone coming down against the No Entry and turning onto the D road. The other day a lady legally going up the lane had to pull into the ditch to allow a car, a tractor pulling a fully laden trailer full of round bales, and a Manitou fork loader coming the wrong way. One day someone's going to get T-boned right outside my door and it will be carnage.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

RobertArthur

Priority to the right

#52 Post by RobertArthur »

Always impressive these fully laden trailers.

niemeyjt

Priority to the right

#53 Post by niemeyjt »

Until they have to reverse . . .

RobertArthur

Priority to the right

#54 Post by RobertArthur »

Prioriy to the right, to the left, who cares on the almost empty roads in Paris, early August. Empty cycle lane - mayor Anne Hidalgo in action - parked cars and in the middle no moving vehicles.

beejay

Priority to the right

#55 Post by beejay »

RobertArthur wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:33 pm Always impressive these fully laden trailers.
Can be driven on UK roads, up 2.45m wide at 16 and with no restriction from 17.

niemeyjt

Priority to the right

#56 Post by niemeyjt »

But are they allowed more than one trailer?

Hotrodder

Priority to the right

#57 Post by Hotrodder »

Somewhere in my addled brain there lurks the notion of this is/was only being allowed for circus/showman's vehicles.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

Priority to the right

#58 Post by L Austin France »

niemeyjt wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:57 pm But are they allowed more than one trailer?
Since when did any farmer take any notice of what is 'allowed'?
As far as I'm aware the max speed limit for a tractor is 40kph solo & 20kph with a trailer but that doesn't stop 'em wazzing past here with 20 plus tonnes behind 'em at dog knows how fast.
Our road is restricted to 70 kph & I'm sure the d'heads take that an instruction.
They haven't a snowball in hell's chance of stopping quickly in an emergency .
I've nearly been wiped out umpteen times having been forced to drive off the road.

RobertArthur

Priority to the right

#59 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Hotrodder, in the UK also restrictions for tractor drivers at 16. In France something similar.

RobertArthur

Priority to the right

#60 Post by RobertArthur »

Priorité à droite in Paris? This Speedy Gonzalez almost got me on a zebra crossing. Not any problems for pedestrians on the former railroad track up there, now transformed into a park. Sometimes only green, sometimes you can look through any window, sometimes you can almost enjoy a petit café.

La coulée verte de Paris, no cars, no bikes, no traffic lights, no priorité problems.