ULEZ

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
Hotrodder

ULEZ

#11 Post by Hotrodder »

Maybe something to do with not knowing if/when you are venturing into one of the new ripoff zones. I'm told sometimes you are paying too much attention to kamikazi cyclists & pedestrians that you miss the signs informing you that you are entering a ripoff zone. :lol:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

beejay

ULEZ

#12 Post by beejay »

niemeyjt wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:59 pm Is it different from UK drivers not buying a crit'air?
Currently, are any Crit'Air penalties being reported as it needs 'stop and ticket' enforcement?

ULEZ is 100% camera controlled, like so many other UK motoring penalties, so perhaps visitors to the UK with foreign registered cars should be more forward looking? Or, perhaps they did not expect any infringement penalty they incurred to be pursued?

As a regular vistor to France and Germany I had the appropriate stickers from their introduction.

niemeyjt

ULEZ

#13 Post by niemeyjt »

Apologies for not quoting the bit I was referring to.

I was referring to you saying "do the drivers not check on regulations that may affect their visit to the UK by car?" - not the enforcement.

I meant, do UK drivers not check crit'air in similar numbers?

elsie

ULEZ

#14 Post by elsie »

niemeyjt, there is often mention in the UK and Belgian press. And I assume the same for other countries.

beejay, there is no reason why foreign cars cannot be controlled in Paris and elsewhere, if they don't meet the Crit'Air rules in force at the time. I doubt they are important enough to be reported in the press but there is probably a French statistician hard at work somewhere totalling them up in case the figures are needed?

France is switching to "number plate" recognition 3Q (?) 2024 so fines will the presumably be the same process as for speeding, etc. I've not seen mention whether that means French cars will no longer need a physical sticker. Presumably, with appropriate systems in place, they could stop foreign cars at the ferry and other borders before they left the country for Crit' Air, speeding, and other infringements?

beejay

ULEZ

#15 Post by beejay »

elsie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:01 pm
beejay, there is no reason why foreign cars cannot be controlled in Paris and elsewhere, if they don't meet the Crit'Air rules in force at the time. I doubt they are important enough to be reported in the press but there is probably a French statistician hard at work somewhere totalling them up in case the figures are needed?

France is switching to "number plate" recognition 3Q (?) 2024 so fines will the presumably be the same process as for speeding, etc. I've not seen mention whether that means French cars will no longer need a physical sticker. Presumably, with appropriate systems in place, they could stop foreign cars at the ferry and other borders before they left the country for Crit' Air, speeding, and other infringements?
I should have checked first!

"From January 2022 to November 2022, 558 offenses were noted in the Greater Paris ZFE for driving without a compliant air quality certificate. 440 others were for lack of sticker during traffic restrictions during peak pollution periods.

Other drivers (107) were fined for driving during traffic restrictions, when their vehicle was not authorized to travel."

Stopping vehicles at borders for traffic infringements? Hmmmmmm?

DominicBest

ULEZ

#16 Post by DominicBest »

Duplicate. 🙂

Hotrodder

ULEZ

#17 Post by Hotrodder »

beejay -
beejay wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:35 pm Stopping vehicles at borders for traffic infringements?
That way travellers can enjoy holdups both sides of the Channel. :lol:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

niemeyjt

ULEZ

#18 Post by niemeyjt »

Hotrodder wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:06 amThat way travellers can enjoy holdups both sides of the Channel. :lol:
I think UK Border Farce are quite capable of that all on their own.

beejay

ULEZ

#19 Post by beejay »

Hotrodder wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:06 am beejay -
beejay wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:35 pm Stopping vehicles at borders for traffic infringements?
That way travellers can enjoy holdups both sides of the Channel. :lol:
That's being selective! The reference was to

"as for speeding, etc. I've not seen mention whether that means French cars will no longer need a physical sticker. Presumably, with appropriate systems in place, they could stop foreign cars at the ferry and other borders before they left the country"

In which case at all EU borders not just Channel crossings.